• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Talk

AilsaDS

Warren Scout
I've been reading some information on talking to & understanding rabbit behaviour to better understand & communicate with Phillip.
It's a long read but some parts had me positively sniggering (not good @ 5am lol) - especially the bit about wriggling your nose/lip & the fact that your family/friends will think you've gone mad.

If anyone has time to read through I'd love to hear opinions on this site & if the information seems accurate.
Some of it I've come across already & there's a lot of things mentioned that Phillip has done & I didn't know what they meant before.. like him licking my sofa next to me but hardly licking me :lol:

Also, if anyone has their own ways to communicate with & understand their bunnies too it would be great to hear them :love:
Oo & if you know any other good websites like this too :)

http://www.ebonyeyes.co.uk/aspbite/...144&content=learning_to_talk_to_your_rabbit_?

Last edited:
When Fudge comes over for a nose rub she puts her head on the floor sometimes instead of rubbing her nose with my hand i use my nose and start rubbing from the tip of her nose in circles and rub under her ears, behind her neck and her cheeks and she loves it. she does her tooth purring :love:

So when she licks me i grind my teeth to make it sound like her tooth purring and she now kisses me all the time because she realised i liked it :D

I communicate well with Fudge, i know when she is happy, sad, angry scared and ill or in her mental playful moods :roll:

I can pretty much guarantee that information will be accurate. Jay and John who run ebony eyes are very knowledgeable about bunnies (as well as having a fab sense of humour!) They are fab people. :love:

This is amazing, really says a lot that my rabbit already does. She really loves having her head stroked and loves licking us. I am going to try the respect things, as she does chew things she shouldn't.

Thanks for your relpies everyone.. I can't wait to try out some of this stuff & see how Phillip responds.

I'd do anything to help him feel happier, even if it does make me look silly.. I don't care :lol:

The things we do for our bunnies huh? :love::love:

I think it also explains why my son got bitten by Phillip the other day too, he decided after weeks of being in the same room playing his xbox & ignoring Phillip (you know what kids are like) that he wanted to spend some time with Phillip - & he got grunted at and bitten :lol:
Silly kid decided to do it when I wasn't in the room, but he's learnt the hard way to show bunny some respect :lol:

Back