PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Rabbits

Charlie's slave
22-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi!

I used to breed and show dutch rabbits.....although we are going back a few years! I am now nearly 24 and had my Dutchies between the ages of 12-16. I didn't start breeding until about 14 after i had done all the research.

I ended up that i couldn't breed or show anymore due to keeping a lot of the babies :oops: all my baby buns who didn't stay went to family, family friends, friends or friends of friends who are now friends!!

I only had 28 nice big hutches (my dad made them bless him!) and when i was just 16 they were all taken......and so was dad's garden :lol:

I found it so so hard to let go of buns that wouldn't make 'show standard' so i kept them! So my showing career came to an end! But my buns stayed!

I now live in my own house and have one male dwarf lop, who is soon to have a girlfriend once he has had his big op!

I will try to post pics soon of them all.

*lily*
23-01-2010, 08:39 AM
:wave: hello!

Look forward to seeing pics of your Dwarf Lop :D

angelica p
23-01-2010, 03:08 PM
i pland on showing dutch rabbits too. my rabbits had one litter. i ended keeping the ones that didnt make show standered lol:lol:.

Charlie's slave
23-01-2010, 03:44 PM
i pland on showing dutch rabbits too. my rabbits had one litter. i ended keeping the ones that didnt make show standered lol:lol:.

Lol! Nice to know i wasn't the only one!! :lol: