• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Newbie

ELLIE1

New Kit
Pleased to have discovered this forum this evening.

I have kept pet rabbits for most of my life, but sadly lost my last french lop about 18 months ago - I have now decided that rather than to go a breeder I will offer a home to animal(s?) in need - have an assortment of animals on my smallholding and in winter months rabbits would be kept in my hay barn/tack room, and in good weather there is plenty of outdoor space for 4 legged friend to roam safely. I could offer a home to 1 - 3 rabbits provided they are bonded, or rabbit with a guinea pig. I feel passionately about rabbits needing freedom to roam so would ensure any rabbit was not kept caged in a cramped environment.

My preference is to home a giant rabbit - our 4 rescue cats are were very good with our french lop, but I am not sure if they would be so good with a smaller bun. However if there is a small bun desperately in need of a home I could accommodate it safely in an enclosed run where it would be safe should the cats pay it too much attention.

Having in the past owned a vicious rabbit, I must stipulate that any rabbit I have must be good tempered due to grandchild visiting.

I am located on the Devon/Somerset border but prepared to travel a reasonable distance for the right animal

I am a hobby breeder/exhibitor of poultry and ducks and in the past been involved in rescueing hens due for slaughter - if you think I may be able to offer a suitable home to your bunny you can get an idea of the home I can offer on www.brbpoultry.co.uk (I have no intention of breeding from any rescued rabbit)

:wave: Hope you find a suitable bunny to love, hope you enjoy the forum, lots of pictures are compulsory when you adopt one :lol: Just joking best of luck :wave:

Welcome :wave:

Rabbits really shouldn't be housed with guinea pigs. Rabbits have been known to kick a guinea pig and kill it. It's not just that but they both require such a differn't diet too. It would be impossible to see who gets what.

Two spayed does and a neutered buck would be ideal :D A local rescue will probably have loads in

:wave: Hope you find a suitable bunny to love, hope you enjoy the forum, lots of pictures are compulsory when you adopt one :lol: Just joking best of luck :wave:

Errrr.... No.... it is standard practice to post piccies!!! that's because we all demand them! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the advice re the rabbit/guinea pig pairing - as I had kept together when I was a child I had not realised there could be a problem, also my neighbour keeps 2 rabbits and pigs together - ho hum, I do love guineas though so may have to think about where I could accommodate guinea pigs separately!

Awww I think there is rescue guineau's available aswell, maybe a separate sectioned off run with their own hutch would do it, I am sure the rescue could advise. It's great your rescuing some :D

Back