• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the ducks.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Ollie,
323.jpg

Iris, in front,
324.jpg

Daphne,
325.jpg

Quaffle, Daffodil and Buttercup,
328.jpg

329.jpg

OMG:love::love::love::love::love: I :love: ducks. There was a duck pond outside my halls at Uni and when it was cold they would climb/fly up 6 flights of stairs and waddle up and down our corridor. :love:

Yours are beautiful, what breeds are they?

OMG:love::love::love::love::love: I :love: ducks. There was a duck pond outside my halls at Uni and when it was cold they would climb/fly up 6 flights of stairs and waddle up and down our corridor. :love:

Yours are beautiful, what breeds are they?

Ollie and Iris are East indian ducks,
Daphne is a white indian runner,
Quaffle is a saxony drake,
Daffodil and Buttercup are commercial cherry valley ducks, they were ex laying ducks.

Your ducks are adorable. :love::love::love::love::love:
I find that feeding ducks in the countryside gives me more comfort than stroking my rabbits.:)

you house sounds amazing you should have holiday lets available x

It would be a good idea, but all our rooms are full of animals, so as long as people don't mind sharing with rats, cats, the bluebirds, quail or hens, we would be OK.
We don't normally keep the hens in the house but these are poorly, we often have poorly rabbits and guinea pigs and we've also been known to have a pig and a goat in the house.:shock:

What lovely pictures,your duckies look very happy:love::love::love::love:

Its all a bit of a mess at the moment, and looks worse now the snow is gone. They should be much happier once we get their new runs built, they will have lovely new ponds and nice big duck houses. We then hope to rehome some more ex- commercial ducks.

It would be a good idea, but all our rooms are full of animals, so as long as people don't mind sharing with rats, cats, the bluebirds, quail or hens, we would be OK.
We don't normally keep the hens in the house but these are poorly, we often have poorly rabbits and guinea pigs and we've also been known to have a pig and a goat in the house.:shock:

:love: You could offer working holidays, that way people could help out and wouldn't ecpect 5* luxury...personally I'd love to stay in a house full of animals :)

Back