PDA

View Full Version : Special Needs Bunny (Old News?)

Jenova
22-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't know if you've seen this or not but I just found it. :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AcQCWZAsPM&feature=related

Bobster
22-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I remember this programme. :)

RubyTed
22-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I remember that! :evil::evil: The owner went on to complain about Ethel, and said that she was a burden. She said something about putting her to sleep as she couldn't be bothered anymore, she was too busy to care for her bunny...:evil::evil:

Bobster
22-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I remember that! :evil::evil: The owner went on to complain about Ethel, and said that she was a burden. She said something about putting her to sleep as she couldn't be bothered anymore, she was too busy to care for her bunny...:evil::evil:

Eh? The woman in the film?? :shock:

RubyTed
22-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Eh? The woman in the film?? :shock:

Yup! I was watching it with Hugo on my lap...I remember...I was so angry with her!! She looked like she really loved her...and then came out with that

RubyTed
22-01-2010, 08:59 PM
She looks happy in that cart though! :) Anyone think it was EC?

parkfieldstud
22-01-2010, 09:09 PM
huummm i'm not to sure on this to be honest and was she not dragging her legs on the road when she was in that wheel chair?

RubyTed
22-01-2010, 09:15 PM
huummm i'm not to sure on this to be honest and was she not dragging her legs on the road when she was in that wheel chair?

At least it kept her pelvis from dragging. I think it's good for her to be in a different position (although agree about the feet dragging...I did notice it.) I think her back end if probably not in a good way at all. Wonder if she has any sores from all the carpet friction?:( She's obviously incontinent...wonder if she has urine scald as a result? Poor girlie

Jack's-Jane
22-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Whilst it's impossible to assess a Rabbit's quality of life from photos/videos I personally question how ethical it is. I am moving more and more to the belief that a Rabbit should be able to behave like a Rabbit and Ethel clearly could not do that.

But as I say, it's not possible or fare to form an opinion from a video

Jenova
22-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Oops I made a debate. :oops:

Jack's-Jane
22-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Oops I made a debate. :oops:

:lol:

KTJ
22-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Teddy's Mummy, as I too was watching the full programme on tv and got extremely annoyed with the woman who towards the end did claim that her rabbit was a burden and something (it was a long time ago, my memory is failing me!) about having the rabbit put to sleep :(

But I can completely see how misleading that short video clip is, as it makes the woman out to be very caring and loving towards the rabbit.... but if you had seen the hour long programme, you'd be quite angry with the woman :(