• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special Needs Bunny (Old News?)

I remember that! :evil::evil: The owner went on to complain about Ethel, and said that she was a burden. She said something about putting her to sleep as she couldn't be bothered anymore, she was too busy to care for her bunny...:evil::evil:

I remember that! :evil::evil: The owner went on to complain about Ethel, and said that she was a burden. She said something about putting her to sleep as she couldn't be bothered anymore, she was too busy to care for her bunny...:evil::evil:

Eh? The woman in the film?? :shock:

huummm i'm not to sure on this to be honest and was she not dragging her legs on the road when she was in that wheel chair?

At least it kept her pelvis from dragging. I think it's good for her to be in a different position (although agree about the feet dragging...I did notice it.) I think her back end if probably not in a good way at all. Wonder if she has any sores from all the carpet friction?:( She's obviously incontinent...wonder if she has urine scald as a result? Poor girlie

Whilst it's impossible to assess a Rabbit's quality of life from photos/videos I personally question how ethical it is. I am moving more and more to the belief that a Rabbit should be able to behave like a Rabbit and Ethel clearly could not do that.

But as I say, it's not possible or fare to form an opinion from a video

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Teddy's Mummy, as I too was watching the full programme on tv and got extremely annoyed with the woman who towards the end did claim that her rabbit was a burden and something (it was a long time ago, my memory is failing me!) about having the rabbit put to sleep :(

But I can completely see how misleading that short video clip is, as it makes the woman out to be very caring and loving towards the rabbit.... but if you had seen the hour long programme, you'd be quite angry with the woman :(

Back