• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My 3 gorgeous boys <3

KTJ

Alpha Buck
Hi Everyone! :D

Last year, I bought Flopsy rabbit, who I was told at the time was a "mini lop eared rabbit" and due to him being 8 weeks old and quite small, I took him on. He has since grown and I think the person I bought him off had got a bit mixed up as after looking at other people's bunnies, he seems to be more like a french lop eared rabbit... hence I am having to buy him a new hutch very soon because he has out-grown his old one and it is much too small for a rabbit of his size.

I also re-homed 2 rabbits a few months ago whose owners were moving away and claimed they were going to just "leave them in the garden with the Jack Russel" as they were moving from a house with a garden to a 3rd ground flat. I coudlnt bare to know that they would be left like that, so I bought them (£5 for both) and they were VERY timid and shy, but I am slowly but surely giving them confidence, and it seems to be paying off as they are growing up to be a bit more sociable and don't sit and quiver anymore. I have done a bit of research and my guess is that they are silver foxes.. could anyone correct me on that if I'm wrong, as it would be much appreciated!!

I wish you could meet them in person, as they all have their own individual characters.

Flopsy= stubborn, full of attitude and sometimes territorial... but I love that about him, even if he does have a bit of a temper!!

Smokey and Bandit= very timid and nervous when I took them on, but they are very loving sometimes and can eat a carrot each within minutes!!

Hope you love them just as much as I do!! xxx

FLOPSY.jpg

BANDIT.jpg

SMOKEY.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, you're definitely right there!! Flopsy is a litte terror, sometimes he drives me mad!! :censored: He cannot stand being stroked or held despite me handling him since he was a tiny little bun, and he bites when he's being held aswell, and has drawn blood many times! I'm thinking of having him neutered to ease his aggression, but he is so beautiful, I'd love to have him father a litter one day.... decisions decisions decisions!!!

They are beautiful buns! :love: I'd get the little guys neutered though, if I were you. It'd probably help soothe their temperments, and they'd be happier for it.

Last edited:
This was Flopsy about half an hour ago! After having a mad 3 hours running round the house doing crazy little flips and nipping me when I stopped playing with him... he crashed out and had a little lie down!!

DSCF3983.jpg

Your buns are truly gorgeous and your post made me smile as I could read the love in your post!

Aww thanks :D It's a shame they don't get on (Flopsy doesnt get on with Bandit unfortunately!) so they have to share the "house time"... you can always tell when Flopsy's been in as it just gets really untidy because he has to climb over everything! Smokey and Bandit are more timid and don't really make the most of being out, but when I re-homed them, they didn't even move, so even if they just have a mooch round the house, it's still an improvement! xx

Your bunnies are georgeous! :love:

Did you say the original owners were just going to leave them behind?.....why :shock:

Sometimes I just don't understand people :(

:love::love: Awww they are all lovely, I would get them neutered aswell though, don't be surprised that Flopsy doesn't like being picked up, most don't, it's much better to sit with them at their level and only pick up when you really have to, in terms of getting him in and out he should just get into a routine, I find a bit of banana can save the day if not and have them following me like the bisto kid :lol:

I'm not sure but I *think* this one is a Blue Fox and the other may be a Silver Fox. I don't know but they are all :love:

I used to have a Blue Fox from a breeder. Was my first ever bun and I loved him so much.

I would love to hear if he is though:?

Your bunnies are georgeous! :love:

Did you say the original owners were just going to leave them behind?.....why :shock:

Sometimes I just don't understand people :(

I know, I didnt understand them either. They were moving house to somewhere that didn't have a garden, but they had left it until the last week to "get rid of" their 2 rabbits and their dog. I saw the advert in the paper and went round to meet the rabbits. The owners had made their hutch out of a small chest of draws. They'd removed the draws and just nailed mesh across the front to stop them escaping. The poor rabbits were very timid (whether they had been mis-treated or just not handled enough, I'll never know). I didnt have room for them, but I took them on anyway and just bought a brand new hutch for them.

I wouldnt change them for the world, and I cant see how someone would just leave such lovely rabbits...

I know, I didnt understand them either. They were moving house to somewhere that didn't have a garden, but they had left it until the last week to "get rid of" their 2 rabbits and their dog. I saw the advert in the paper and went round to meet the rabbits. The owners had made their hutch out of a small chest of draws. They'd removed the draws and just nailed mesh across the front to stop them escaping. The poor rabbits were very timid (whether they had been mis-treated or just not handled enough, I'll never know). I didnt have room for them, but I took them on anyway and just bought a brand new hutch for them.

I wouldnt change them for the world, and I cant see how someone would just leave such lovely rabbits...

Thats quite a story.
Get them neutered,loads of love,the trust will build up...and Voila!! Even Better bunnies than they are now!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure but I *think* this one is a Blue Fox and the other may be a Silver Fox. I don't know but they are all :love:

I used to have a Blue Fox from a breeder. Was my first ever bun and I loved him so much.

I would love to hear if he is though:?

Thank you for your suggestion! I feel quite lame having 2 rabbits and not knowing their breed! I was told by the original owners that they were brothers... but I wouldnt want to believe anything they said as they didnt want the rabbits anymore and wouldve done anything to get rid of them xx

Back