• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasmine has lost more weight :(

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Took Jasmine back today ....shes gone from 1.89 kg to 1.81 kg :(

Vet checked her over to make sure there was nothing obviously wrong abdominally and couldnt feel any masses anywhere .....shes back again next week to be weighed again.

He wants me to feed her as much as she will eat but I can't leave her with food unless shes seperate from Diesel because he eats 5 times quicker than her and would hoover all of it :?

Oh no, I didn't think she had any left to loose :(:(:(

I seperate my underweight bunnies about 3 times aday to give them a chance to have extra meals.

Sending lots of weight gaining vibes for Jasmine.

Sorry if you have said before, has she had any abdominal x-rays?

I would check with your vet first but I used porridge and recovery feed to help Snowdrop put weight on. She would eat it from a bowl while Strawberry had a pile of veggies when they were bonded.

Oh no, I didn't think she had any left to loose :(:(:(

I seperate my underweight bunnies about 3 times aday to give them a chance to have extra meals.

Sending lots of weight gaining vibes for Jasmine.

Sorry if you have said before, has she had any abdominal x-rays?

I do seperate her to feed her ....shes been having 3 meals a day....but I it would be impossible to leave a bowl of food there for her all day like the vet was suggesting.

She hasn't had any xrays ,I'm to feed her as much as I can this week and review the situation next week when shes weighed again.

Poor girl has got no muscle on her back legs its all bone :(

I'm going to try and get some junior SS for her (presuming I can get it locally) that way she'll get more calories ,shes already having banana and apples and carrots everyday ,Diesel is jealous of her meals I think!!

I do seperate her to feed her ....shes been having 3 meals a day....but I it would be impossible to leave a bowl of food there for her all day like the vet was suggesting.

She hasn't had any xrays ,I'm to feed her as much as I can this week and review the situation next week when shes weighed again.

Poor girl has got no muscle on her back legs its all bone :(

I'm going to try and get some junior SS for her (presuming I can get it locally) that way she'll get more calories ,shes already having banana and apples and carrots everyday ,Diesel is jealous of her meals I think!!

rosie is like this in her back legs there is no muscle whatsoever, hope she puts some weight on soon

I swear I've asked already, but she's had her teeth checked right?

If I were you I'd have bloods and a faecal sample looked at. It may be something as simple as worms. In the meantime feed her as often as you can, as much as she'll eat. I know it's incredibly stressful to have a bun who's losing weight - I've been there with Ginger.

I swear I've asked already, but she's had her teeth checked right?

If I were you I'd have bloods and a faecal sample looked at. It may be something as simple as worms. In the meantime feed her as often as you can, as much as she'll eat. I know it's incredibly stressful to have a bun who's losing weight - I've been there with Ginger.

She had a dental last friday following a week of syringe feeding because her mouth was too painful for her to eat.

It is so difficult when they have different dietry needs. I would think it wouldn't do any harm to panacur her again.

I would definately recommend abdominal x-rays, they can probably done without a GA. With that sort of weight loss I have found x-rays to be more revealing than blood tests unfortunately.

Also it is hard to know how old she is but she must be getting on a bit.

Has she been neutered since you had her?

It is so difficult when they have different dietry needs. I would think it wouldn't do any harm to panacur her again.

I would definately recommend abdominal x-rays, they can probably done without a GA. With that sort of weight loss I have found x-rays to be more revealing than blood tests unfortunately.

Also it is hard to know how old she is but she must be getting on a bit.

Has she been neutered since you had her?

No shes not neutered but ,as I said ,Nigel had a really good feel of her tummy and said it was all normal feeling to him.

I was told she's around 5 but as you say theres no real way of knowing for sure.

No shes not neutered but ,as I said ,Nigel had a really good feel of her tummy and said it was all normal feeling to him.

I was told she's around 5 but as you say theres no real way of knowing for sure.

I would still go for the x-rays even if it does feel normal. You would be amazed what they can show up with no obvious signs from the outside :?

Is her appertite good now?

I would still go for the x-rays even if it does feel normal. You would be amazed what they can show up with no obvious signs from the outside :?

Is her appertite good now?

Her appetite is great but she takes ages to eat ....Diesel could eat in 5 minutes what it takes Jas 45 minutes to eat.

Don't worry about the questions!!

No shes not on pain relief at all .

I am wondering if it isn't something seperate to her other problems then it might be her roots if it is taking her that long to eat. I would ask the vet if you could put her on metacam for a week or two to see if that improves her ability to eat. If it does it would suggest root problems and it would be worth getting dental x-rays done next time she needs GA.

I had similar problems with Eddie. I was starting to convince myself that he had other issues so sent him in for a dental, head x-rays, abdominal x-rays and bloods to cover everything. Everything came back clear except the dental x-rays and all his problems were caused by root pain. He has been on metacam for 3 weeks now and is only just starting to pick up on his eating again. He is so much happier and so am I. It cost me nearly £300 but it was worth it for me to be able to stop worrying about him and fo him to be happy and flopped again.

But again Eddie is a young male and bunny, where as jasmine is an older girl :?

Would definately ask about trying pain relief for awhile though :)

May be worth trying her on some metacam and seeing if that speeds up her eating, with vet's approval..

Vibes for weight-gaining - must be a worry :(

Is she kept outside? I wonder whether if so a snugglesafe may help so she doesn't use so much energy keeping warm; forgive me if you've thought of it already though...

May be worth trying her on some metacam and seeing if that speeds up her eating, with vet's approval..

Vibes for weight-gaining - must be a worry :(

Is she kept outside? I wonder whether if so a snugglesafe may help so she doesn't use so much energy keeping warm; forgive me if you've thought of it already though...

Shes been indoors ( in my bathroom :lol:) for nearly 2 weeks now,since she stopped eating before her dental....she won't go back outside until shes put weight back on or the weather has gotten lots better .

Back