• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny Mummy!

KTJ

Alpha Buck
Hi Everyone

Im new to this website but as I have 3 rabbits of my own, I thought I'd join a forum where I can speak to people about their rabbits, as I enjoy talking to people about my own rabbits as much as I enjoy listening to other people's stories!

My love for rabbits only began a couple of years ago, when my cat (who was a stray which I took in- he's now a sloppy thing who rules my house!) brought in a baby bunny from the field behind my house. I was unsure of how to look after, but my instincts kicked in and I saved the rabbit... She beca:wave:me very tame and had a double decker hutch and I named her Tinkerbell. She was so friendly and sociable, you never wouldve known she was a wild rabbit!

When Tinkerbell died, I really missed her... so much so, I decided I needed another rabbit in my life... so I bought 2 bunnies Flopsy and Furby. Unfortunately, Furby died within a week of an illness... so after mourning for him, I thought it would be best for Flopsy if I introduced him to another rabbit so they could bond and he could grow up with another rabbit. I decided to re-home a rabbit as opposed to buying one from a pet shop, as I had heard stories about animal breeding farms. I read an article in a newspaper advertising 2 rabbits, so I went to view them and fell in love with them. I realised I didnt have enough room for all 3, so it broke my heart when I had to just pick one... the owners claimed that if I didnt take them both, then the one would be left in the garden as they were moving house in 2 days time, so the rabbits were buy 1 get 1 free..... I left their house with 2 rabbits.
The problem is, is that my rabbit Flopsy, did not get along with my 2 new rabbits, (named Smokey and Bandit!) so I had to buy another 2 tier hutch!!!
So that's my story really, and that is how I came to have 3 rabbits! I love them all so much, although Flopsy is becoming extremely aggressive, so I think he may have to be castrated soon! poor baby!!

Hope everyone else's buns are ok!

KTJ

Back