• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Becoming a foster carer

lauraocal

Warren Scout
I dont think im posting this in the right place but I was hoping I could get some info on being a foster carer for a rescue centre.

I live in mansfield and im not sure where the closest rescue is to me, although after some research I believe its kirkby, but I was hoping to offer my time and home as a foster carer to help out.

I live with family and they are happy to have more rabbits with us, outdoor ones only, and I work from home and have loads of spare time on my hands and would love to do something for all those poor bunnies out there.

I'm not sure how it works with costs and everything but although paying for new hutches would be a problem, paying for food and hay would not be an issue. Vets bills would though however but, once again, I'm not sure how it works if the rescue centre is a charity.

If there was an emergency, I would be happy to pay for vets bills on a temp basis as I have a few hundred in my savings account that requires an online transaction to get access to it if needed.

I dont really have a social life as im happy to be with my bunny so i really do have loads of free time on my hands and I have enough money to be able to consider this.

If someone could give me any info or message me if your interested I would appreciate it :)

I've pm'd Sue (Hunnybunny 2007) for you. I hope she will be on the forum tonight. Alternatively you can try calling Celia on 01623 753883. :wave:

Most rescues do it differently. When I was set to do it, they would provide the accommodation, and it was up to you whether you paid for food or they did.

Vets you keep receipts and get reimbursed.

I would get in touch with Kirby and see what they say.

Good luck.

I dont think im posting this in the right place but I was hoping I could get some info on being a foster carer for a rescue centre.

I live in mansfield and im not sure where the closest rescue is to me, although after some research I believe its kirkby, but I was hoping to offer my time and home as a foster carer to help out.

I live with family and they are happy to have more rabbits with us, outdoor ones only, and I work from home and have loads of spare time on my hands and would love to do something for all those poor bunnies out there.

I'm not sure how it works with costs and everything but although paying for new hutches would be a problem, paying for food and hay would not be an issue. Vets bills would though however but, once again, I'm not sure how it works if the rescue centre is a charity.

If there was an emergency, I would be happy to pay for vets bills on a temp basis as I have a few hundred in my savings account that requires an online transaction to get access to it if needed.

I dont really have a social life as im happy to be with my bunny so i really do have loads of free time on my hands and I have enough money to be able to consider this.

If someone could give me any info or message me if your interested I would appreciate it :)

I've pm'd you:D

Back