• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Echo please....

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Echo had his neuter post op check-up yesterday and his abdominal wound has an infection.
One of his "man bits" :)oops:) was retained so they had to go thorough his tummy, and now he has an infection. Poor wee man:cry::cry:

He's on Baytril twice daily, and we've to moniter whats going in and out (if you know what I mean:oops:), but is there anything else we can do??
The vet says he shouldn't need painkillers unless he stops eating, but should we have insisted???

If he has an infection I'm sure he will need analgesia (usually metacam). I'd ring the vet and request some if I were you.

Sending vibes for Echo.

If he has an infection I'm sure he will need analgesia (usually metacam). I'd ring the vet and request some if I were you.

Sending vibes for Echo.

Ditto, if the Vet had a post op' infection after having his testicle removed from his abdomen (or her ovaries hoicked out) I think he/she would expect some anti-inflammatory analgesia...........

Thank you for the replies!!

I will get the OH on it, I'm at work at the moment but will get him to go and get some.

Do you know if will have to take Echo with him to the Vet, or can he just pick the prescription up?

We're getting the Metacam...different vet said we should have been given some as standard:roll:...will have to write her name in his book and make sure we always see her!!

Hopefully he will be back to his nomming, naughty self by tomorrow morn!

:DThank you all for the great advice...this forum is becoming my life line!

Will keep you posted as to how he doing!

Back