• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Detal bun owners. Lop or upright ears?

Dental bun owners. Lop or upright ears?

• Lop.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Upright.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Helecoptor

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Carrie14

Mama Doe
I am just curious to know if most dental buns have floppy ears or not. Also did they have a snubbed face?

This is the first poll I have tried to do so forgive me if it does not work:oops:

mitzi was a mini lop dental bun
mowgli was also a mini lop, told he had maloclussion at 24wks and spurs, but i managed his diet so he never had to have a dental in his lifetime

my buns a lop and needs 3/4 dentals a year

im not sure what you mean by snubbed (but im not very itellegant lol) but this is a pic of teh side of her face

DSC00212.jpg

mitzi was a mini lop dental bun
mowgli was also a mini lop, told he had maloclussion at 24wks and spurs, but i managed his diet so he never had to have a dental in his lifetime

This is what I am doing (hopefully) with Feegal. He is going for a check up tomorrow and that's what got me thinking...
Sorry for your buns:(

my buns a lop and needs 3/4 dentals a year

im not sure what you mean by snubbed (but im not very itellegant lol) but this is a pic of teh side of her face

DSC00212.jpg

She is :love:

I think what I mean by snubbed is, as your girl shows perfectly, the face ends with a blunt not pointy nose/mouth:?

I've had both lops and up eared buns with dental problems.

Both seem to suffer equally from molar problems.

However I've never had a lop suffer with incisor malocclusion...in fact incisor problems nearly always seem to be Dutches or Nethies or crosses of these two breeds...but this might just be coincidence

eric & esme are nethies. eric has needed a couple of dentals in 12 months but i have his teeth checked regularly and finding his fave hay has helped to keep the spurs down.

esme has had one dental since i adopted her. her teeth were long rather than spurred so i'm not sure what she may need in the future dentistry-wise after her next check up. she's a good hay eater too.

eric & esme are nethies. eric has needed a couple of dentals in 12 months but i have his teeth checked regularly and finding his fave hay has helped to keep the spurs down.

esme has had one dental since i adopted her. her teeth were long rather than spurred so i'm not sure what she may need in the future dentistry-wise after her next check up. she's a good hay eater too.

I didn't think of nethies, or I would have put that as an option:roll:

Hope Esme escapes the need for any more dentals:)

Mine are french lops. Faith has no problems, Hope is a dental bunny.

Hope, however, seems to have helicopter ears - not sure if that's because she's still young or that she's some kind of crossbreed.

Ginger and pickles are both uppy-eared, but Ginger's face is slightly blunter than Pickles', which is interesting because Ginger needs doing more often. :?

Jasmine is a dental bunny,uppy eared and not flat faced at all.

Shes had 2 dentals since I've had her....3 months apart but has also had her front teeth burred every 2 weeks inbetween.

Jasmine is a dental bunny,uppy eared and not flat faced at all.

Shes had 2 dentals since I've had her....3 months apart but has also had her front teeth burred every 2 weeks inbetween.

Just searched for a pic of her she is beautiful:love:

But how strange she is a dental bun:? She doesn't have any of the normal characteristics of a dental bun. Do you know anything about her parentage?

Ginger and pickles are both uppy-eared, but Ginger's face is slightly blunter than Pickles', which is interesting because Ginger needs doing more often. :?

See this is what is getting me confused. Why do some get it and not others? Do you know if Pickles eats more hay? They are :love:

See this is what is getting me confused. Why do some get it and not others? Do you know if Pickles eats more hay? They are :love:

Awww, thank you! I'm panicking right now cuz they're having their dentals today. :(

Actually I think they eat about an equal amount of hay, if anything Ginger eats more! They're very annoying though because they only eat it fresh from the packet - anything more than an hour old is treated with great suspition! :roll: They also refused point blank to eat any hay at all until they were about 4, (they're 6 now). I don't know of course whether this made a difference, but it can't have helped the situation.

My little PA is a dutch, so has pointy ears and a slender face. I adopted her from a P@H adoption centre, it didn't take me long to realise she wasn't eating, the vet confirmed spurred molars & she had a dental that day - she went 11 months before needing another & it has so far been 9 months since her last. I am convinced her good diet & love of hay is keeping her dentals to a minimum :wave:

Jester has just recently had a dental. He has crazy ears that go in all directions :lol: but he's more of a lop really. He does have a rounded face too. I'm hoping diet will sort his teeth out and it won't be a regular thing.

Back