• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two new pets :D and help wanted?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenie191

Young Bun
I've missed havign guinea pigs around so i found a really good breeder in my area and i have two Sow's arriving in febuary. :D

Black eyed white crested
IMG_0356.jpg

Tan and White Swiss
IMG_0483.jpg

Now all i can find thats 'girly' is stuff in p@h and a few pink snuggle beds online.

I'm after a pink/purple hide away and a few tunnels maybe. I've looked on eaby but was wondering if anyone knows of an online site?

thanks for any help

I already have most of them for my rabbits :oops: heehee! I love the gras tunnel though, will go lovely in the run :D Thanks

Yeah most are rabbit things. I tend to share all the things between my bun and pigs :) I have big pigs that tend to fit better in rabbit things rather than GP things!

Yeah most are rabbit things. I tend to share all the things between my bun and pigs :) I have big pigs that tend to fit better in rabbit things rather than GP things!

I just got a lovely purple tunnel for the girls of Ebay. It was only about £6 with postage too :D

I like the name Princess for the white and Peach for the other. :roll:

Have you considered getting piggies from a rescue instead of a breeder? :D

Rescues require a minimum size huch and atached run. I have a big 5ft long hutch but not an atached run. They do have a run but it'll only be when the weathers nice.

Also i may want to breed them

Rescues require a minimum size huch and atached run. I have a big 5ft long hutch but not an atached run. They do have a run but it'll only be when the weathers nice.

Also i may want to breed them

Most rescues require 4ftx2ft for a pair of piggies,Ive got 8 now all from rescues:)
Why do you want to breed them?

Most rescues require 4ftx2ft for a pair of piggies,Ive got 8 now all from rescues:)
Why do you want to breed them?

I thought most required am atached run? Thats good to know.

I don't really want to get into it on a forum full of 'pre rescues' if you know what i mean.

However i have bred them before and i also breed rabbits. They're all kept in spacious hutches and fed the best. I keep mine in double the size most breeders do.

I thought most required am atached run? Thats good to know.

I don't really want to get into it on a forum full of 'pre rescues' if you know what i mean.

However i have bred them before and i also breed rabbits. They're all kept in spacious hutches and fed the best. I keep mine in double the size most breeders do.

Yes but alot of people house them indoors:)
Each to there own and all that,but i wouldnt breed knowing how bad rescues are suffering at the min trying to find good homes:(

Yes but alot of people house them indoors:)
Each to there own and all that,but i wouldnt breed knowing how bad rescues are suffering at the min trying to find good homes:(

Everyone has their own opinions. :D However you could say that about kids in foster homes etc, if everyone stopped breeding there would be no rabbits or guinea pigs left. There is a big difference between responsible breeders and back yard breeders.:)

I know there are problems with alot of unwanted animals in rescues however none of my new owners leave without care sheets, info and i promise to take back the babies if they can no longer care for them. I even offer a holiday home if they can't fnd anyone to care for them when they go away.

Anyhow, i don't want to start off a whole debate but i feel i don't need to justify myself. Everyone has their own methods and opinions

Interesting that your first post on the forum said you have had mainly rescue animals.

Re-read my thread.

There you go

'' I kept dwarf lops and guinea pigs before however msot died of old age as they were mainly rescues.

I got Mimzy a sooty fawn Mini lop last summer. I decided to breed her and join the brc. So i found a local breeder and got Bonzai (Bo) another sooty fawn Mini lop.

I also have 3 dogs but i think of them more as part of the family than a pet.

Mimzy had 4 babies, all still going strong at 4 weeks old. (I'll add pics in the pic section)

I hope to add to my rabbit family soon ''

:roll:

I thought that forums like this were for like minded animal lovers to get together and help each other. I personally have received a fair bit of helpful advice and also read a lot about bonding etc. Unfortunately I have also noticed a lot of negative comments aimed at perfectly reasonable people just because they don't want to do things exactly how other people do. This lady wants to buy and breed her gunea pigs. So what! She has not just suggested that she's buying them to make a fur coat or eat them. Surely the point of this site is to help others care for the animals they do have to the best of their abilities. The fact that someone would bother to become a member in the first place surely shows the fact that they intend to do the very best for their bunnys and pigs.

Lets all just stop giving each other a hard time and use the site as I would imagine it was intended. To help each other. I'm fairly new and after noticing the bashing some people have taken its quite scary to even ask a question let alone comment for fear of saying the wrong thing.

I thought that forums like this were for like minded animal lovers to get together and help each other. I personally have received a fair bit of helpful advice and also read a lot about bonding etc. Unfortunately I have also noticed a lot of negative comments aimed at perfectly reasonable people just because they don't want to do things exactly how other people do. This lady wants to buy and breed her gunea pigs. So what! She has not just suggested that she's buying them to make a fur coat or eat them. Surely the point of this site is to help others care for the animals they do have to the best of their abilities. The fact that someone would bother to become a member in the first place surely shows the fact that they intend to do the very best for their bunnys and pigs.

Lets all just stop giving each other a hard time and use the site as I would imagine it was intended. To help each other. I'm fairly new and after noticing the bashing some people have taken its quite scary to even ask a question let alone comment for fear of saying the wrong thing.

Thanks, thats how i feel too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back