• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noel's being neutered tomorrow

lja401

Warren Scout
He's getting neutered tomorrow so wondered if anyone could tell me what I need to do? I have cleaned his cage out so there's no straw etc. I will have to take out his wood litter pellets and put newspaper in his litter tray or perhaps nothing at all seen as he eats everything. Should he stay in his cage for a couple of days too?
I am so worried about him :-(

Thank you :)

He's getting neutered tomorrow so wondered if anyone could tell me what I need to do? I have cleaned his cage out so there's no straw etc. I will have to take out his wood litter pellets and put newspaper in his litter tray or perhaps nothing at all seen as he eats everything. Should he stay in his cage for a couple of days too?

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=51537

Good luck Noel :)

Hiya! :wave:
Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but are you saying you've removed anything he might eat, like starving him before the GA? If that's what you meant then that's not something we do with bunnies. Rabbits can't be sick, so there's no need to stop them from eating beforehand. In fact, it's very important for a bun to keep eating so they don't get gut stasis, which can be very serious.

Good luck for the op - I'm sure he'll be fine! :D

Thank you everyone.

He seemed ok when I picked him up but he's really dopey now and isn't keen on eating :( Since he's been home he's eaten a little bit of grass, a couple of bits of hay but for the past hour and a half he's not been interested. He hasn't had much to drink either.

Poor Noel :(

Thank you everyone.

He seemed ok when I picked him up but he's really dopey now and isn't keen on eating :( Since he's been home he's eaten a little bit of grass, a couple of bits of hay but for the past hour and a half he's not been interested. He hasn't had much to drink either.

Poor Noel :(

Awwwww I am sure he will be much brighter by tomorrow. Just keep him warm and quiet and leave a bowl of water and some food close by.
He should have poo'd and wee'd by the morning.

i had blue done this morning and hes the same im just trying to keep him warm by heating up his snugglepad every 5 hours because hes a outside bunny. just hope he starts drinking and weeing lol
vibes for noel

Awwwww I am sure he will be much brighter by tomorrow. Just keep him warm and quiet and leave a bowl of water and some food close by.
He should have poo'd and wee'd by the morning.

Thank you :) Will do. He just ate some sprout leaves so that's good :D x

i had blue done this morning and hes the same im just trying to keep him warm by heating up his snugglepad every 5 hours because hes a outside bunny. just hope he starts drinking and weeing lol
vibes for noel

Aww thank you. Vibes for Blue too. Sounds like they are acting in a similar way - poor pair!

Back