• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noel just ate some of his wood litter pellets :-(

lja401

Warren Scout
Noel just ate 2 wood litter pellet things. I am worried about him now because he is getting neutered tomorrow as well. :(

it will be fine :) I have to cover mine in hay or they eat them like pellets, a few wont harm him.

Thank you!

He's getting neutered tomorrow so wondered if anyone could tell me what I need to do? I have cleaned his cage out so there's no straw etc. I will have to take out his wood litter pellets and put newspaper in his litter tray or perhaps nothing at all seen as he eats everything. Should he stay in his cage for a couple of days too?

Thank you :)

Everyone is different to what they do...I have outdoor buns and when I had Bella spayed I brought her in for a few days due to keeping her temp regulated, I used old duvet cover instead of shavings and washed it daily to keep any bacteria away from wound, took a pet carrier with hay in it and a 'packed lunch for her, pellets etc bowl so they can put water in for bun ready for when she woke up, it's important for bun to eat soon after surgery although this will take a few days to get back to normal, bun may need some encouraging with that, have some nice veggies in to tempt with, I restricted excersice also and when she went back in her hutch I put her on the lower level and took out the ramp, put in a cut out box so she could in as bed area layered with towels and a cotton pillowcase (as the top section has a shelf she could jump on) and I didn't want her doing too much strenuous excercise, I'm trying to remember what I used in her litter tray :roll: possibly newspaper :oops:...I'm sure someone else will come along and offer any further advice I may have missed...*old age* ...good luck tomorrow :D

Back