• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I convince my parents to let me get a rabbit?

bunny foo foo

Alpha Buck
I was going to give it some time to ask for another bunny after Milly ran away, so I did. But when I asked, my parents said no because we live with my grandparents, and they said "NO more animals." :cry: Is there ANY way I can change their minds? Sorry if this is pointless, I just miss my bunny cuddles. :(
Thanks.

Oh no :( Poor Milly :( She looks so sweet too, she reminds me of my foster bunny, Dougal :love:

Im sorry i have no advice :( How old are you?? My mum would never let me get a rabbit when i lived at home, i now have my own house and have 5 buns of my own plus 3 fosters :lol: xXx

Oh no :( Poor Milly :( She looks so sweet too, she reminds me of my foster bunny, Dougal :love:

Im sorry i have no advice :( How old are you?? My mum would never let me get a rabbit when i lived at home, i now have my own house and have 5 buns of my own plus 3 fosters :lol: xXx

I'm 15. :)

Was your previous bunny an outdoor bun?
If so you could suggest having a house bun? It's a hard one I guess, I'm only able to have my bunny cos I got her when I had my own place and had to bring her when I moved back home, plus she is kept in my bedroom with me and I take care of her, unless I go away for the weekend my mum feeds her and what have you.

I suppose begging will just have to do? Parent's can be really hard nuts to crack!! x

If you miss bunny cuddles how about volunteering at a rabbit shelter/rescue?
That way you'd still have rabbit contact, you'd learn more about the care of rabbits & you'd be doing a good deed.
It would also demonstrate to your parents & grandparents that you were serious about serious about rabbit care & responsibility.
Then possibly as a family you could foster?

Milly was an indoor bunny. I want to talk to my grandparents about it, but my mom says I can't talk about animals around her at all. I could volunteer at a rabbit shelter. There's one 20 minutes from my house. :)

I put up signs and looked on Craigslist, because sometimes there's found bunnies on there, and I ride my bike every day (not on the rainy ones) and look for her. She's been gone for 2 months. :?

Last edited:
Did you visit all the shelters around you to search for Milly?
Its possible that she may be in one of those if someone found her.
I'd definitely think about volunteering seeing as there is a rabbit rescue so close. :)

Did you visit all the shelters around you to search for Milly?
Its possible that she may be in one of those if someone found her.
I'd definitely think about volunteering seeing as there is a rabbit rescue so close. :)

I NEVER thought of looking at a shelter! :shock: That's great that she might be there! Thank you for posting that! :D

Well there you go!
Visit the shelter - look for Milly & enquire about volunteering!

How did Milly get out of the house?? :( I would try looking at local vets too, sometimes lost bunnies get put up on the notice boards. You could even print a picture of Milly and put it on a poster to put up in vets to see if anyone has taken her in xXx

How did she escape from the house?!
Think its a great idea to volunteer at a rescue, that would fab!! x

good idea

Our 5-year-old adoptee bunny Sausage was found as a young bun wandering with stitches after neutering and taken to rescue where he lived until we adopted him late last year. No-one ever claimed him despite the rescue's attempts to contact all local vets, the police etc and placing ads. He spent nearly 5 years in rescue. It has to be worth a try. Keep posting your progress - you are doing all the right things. Lots of luck.

What I would do is already advised, do all you can to try to find Millie. In that way, if your parents really see how much your loved your bunny in the way you looked for her, they would give in easier. If you keep coming back and saying you have not found her yet, etc, they may tell you to get a new bunny. Millie is a very cool name for a rabbit. I had an auntie Millie in Australia. She was a fantastic piano player and she married a man that was 25 years younger than what she was and back in those days, in the 50's, that was not a socially acceptable thing for a woman. A man could marry a younger woman but not the other way around.

Thanks for everyones responses. :D:D
She was having free run in the garden and she pushed the block out of the way and squeezed through. :shock:
My mum said that maybe we can go to look at the shelter this weekend! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Back