• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The 4 big goats.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Jack
336.jpg

Bluebell,
337.jpg

Pepper,
341.jpg

and Primrose,
340.jpg

awww :love: copper looks cheeky! Iv had a love for goats ever since i went to lands end when i was about 12 (nearly 19 now) there was a mummy goat and a baby goat they were so cute!! one dayy maybe i can own them myself :D...wishful thinking.

I love seeing photos of your farm animals. Goats are my favourites.:love::love::love::love::love:
Violet reminds me of Jane's Morse.:lol:

That photo of Copper is brilliant! :lol::lol:

What's happened to Pepper's horns?

That photo of Copper is brilliant! :lol::lol:

What's happened to Pepper's horns?

We don't really know much about Pepper's history, but when we bought her she and Primrose were tethered. After she was home and free range she became very lame, we got x-rays taken and she has arthritis in both back legs, from quite a young age. To handle she would try and ram you and if that didn't work she would just give in and collapse. So we suspect she didn't have a great life before coming here. If she gets stressed, if she has to be in a lot due to the weather or Jack is picking on her ( we have seperated them now) she just stands and rubs her horns on the wall until they bleed. I think it is like some form of stress release, she is much better now, but I also think she did it when in pain, she is now on medication for her arthritis, so I hope that is helping too.

Last edited:
Awwww, that's so sad. :( Poor Pepper. If animals could talk, they'd probably have some awful stories to tell. I'm so glad she has you looking out for her now. :D

Awwww, that's so sad. :( Poor Pepper. If animals could talk, they'd probably have some awful stories to tell. I'm so glad she has you looking out for her now. :D

We think goats often get badly neglected and it is overlooked because people don't really know about them. The problem is, lots of people want them as pets but think they are easy to keep because they are livestock- some of the worst cases of abuse we have seen have been in goats.
Jack was so thin when we got him, the vet couldn't find any muscle on him to give a needle and his back was bald because he had mange- the owner didn't even realise there was a problem, she had him tethered on the lawn with short grass, no hay and fed him horse mix. He was very nearly dead when we got him.

Lucky you! Goats are fantastic! Yours are so pretty and the colors are great. I am going to get 2 pygmy goats in the spring or as soon as we build the back fense up.

We think goats often get badly neglected and it is overlooked because people don't really know about them. The problem is, lots of people want them as pets but think they are easy to keep because they are livestock- some of the worst cases of abuse we have seen have been in goats.
Jack was so thin when we got him, the vet couldn't find any muscle on him to give a needle and his back was bald because he had mange- the owner didn't even realise there was a problem, she had him tethered on the lawn with short grass, no hay and fed him horse mix. He was very nearly dead when we got him.

That's awful, and owner's ignorance is sadly all too common. :( Why do people take on animals and not bother to spend a bit of time educating themselves properly about that animal's needs? :( (Not expecting an answer to that last one, just thinking out loud really)

Back