• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding wont work- Update 26/1/10

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Jill has had Snowdrop and Bungle since Monday and has been trying to bond them but today has called it a day. Snowdrop hates him. She is fighting with him constantly and obviously we dont want him injured so have decided to stop.

Bungle has turned out to be a total wuss and isnt mouting her so she has decided she is boss and is flying at him and really going to hurt him.

I am obviously upset as I am really struggling working full time and having three single bunnies. We are moving house soon and will probably only have 2 bedrooms instead of three so dont have the space for three singles. I also dont have the finances to take on three more bunnies to make them into pairs.

I just don't know what to do? I dont want to bond her with Strawberry as he chases her which stresses her and makes her illness worse.

I would hate to have to rehome any of them but is it fair to keep three single bunnies when they get very little interaction from me?

Last edited:
Oh what a shame :(
Can you put all three in the same room, with panels that they cant injure each other through, but can still see each other and interact? they may enjoy some "safe" company when you're not there, then spend some time with them each in the evenings?

It doesnt sound ideal, but at least they'd each be safe, still get some time with you, but not be totally isolated.

Oh what a shame :(
Can you put all three in the same room, with panels that they cant injure each other through, but can still see each other and interact? they may enjoy some "safe" company when you're not there, then spend some time with them each in the evenings?

It doesnt sound ideal, but at least they'd each be safe, still get some time with you, but not be totally isolated.

Not if we move house. We can only have a bunny room if we move to a three bed which isnt likely with our budget. We have to have a spare bedroom for our neice and it cant have bunnies in.

I am not sure whether to try and bond Strawberry and Bungle?

Wow you have had some bad bonding luck :(

I think if I could bare too I would rehome Bungle...wasn't it him coming that kicked things off between Snowdrop and Strawberry...maybe if you rehome Bungle you could rebond them? As they have been apart a while the may act differently?

What about trying Bungle with Strawberry. I know they say generally not to bond male to male but it can work for some bunnies, Wesley and Merlin are more affectionate than Frankie and Akasma.

What about trying Bungle with Strawberry. I know they say generally not to bond male to male but it can work for some bunnies, Wesley and Merlin are more affectionate than Frankie and Akasma.

This is what I am hoping for now. I am not sure if it will work though. Strawberry can be very bossy. He bonded well with Graham but that was a while ago now.

Wow you have had some bad bonding luck :(

I think if I could bare too I would rehome Bungle...wasn't it him coming that kicked things off between Snowdrop and Strawberry...maybe if you rehome Bungle you could rebond them? As they have been apart a while the may act differently?

I know and I am guttered :(

I had considered splitting Strawbs and Snow before Bungle came. Strawberry chases her which makes her condition worse so I dont think its fair for her to be bonded with him.

Aww, I can't offer any bunny bonding advice but I really feel for you & sending you lots of positive vibes.. sounds like you need it @ the mo :(

((huggggggssss))

I know and I am guttered :(

I had considered splitting Strawbs and Snow before Bungle came. Strawberry chases her which makes her condition worse so I dont think its fair for her to be bonded with him.

Oh :(

What an awful situation :( I know you said Snow seems happier on her own so I wouldn't worry about her to much, how about trying to bond strawberry and bungle, and if it doesn't work get him a girlfriend and rehome bungle?

Oh :(

What an awful situation :(

I know. As a last resort attempt we are going to try Bungle with Strawberry. If it doesnt work then we will have to consider rehoming one of them. It makes sense to be Bungle as he came last but given he needs daily grooming and is a dental bun I wouldnt want to rehome him.

I think Strawberry could be given so much more than we can give him here. A partner and some outdoor space would really benefit him so maybe if we do have to rehome it should be him? I would feel awful though as we have had him the longest. We got him to bond with Graham and it worked great untill Graham died.

I am not very well at the minute which isnt helping my ability to think clearly.

Oh No, you have waited so long to do this I am so sorry for you, and the bunnies, why are they being so stubborn?

If only we could talk to them and tell them how wonderful it could be.

Its only been a few days, can they not just live side by side for a bit, swapping them over and all the long drawn out stuff, it worked for Emily and Muffin, it took us almost a month in all but so worth it.

Im sorry it didnt work :( Im would try and bond Strawbs and Bungle... if that doesnt work i would rehome Bungle as he was the last bunny in :( Im sure someone on here would rehome him so you could keep in contact. Hopefully it wont come to that but i dont know how the bonding would work with 2 males :? xXx

I was in the exact same boat as you... was hoping to bond a threesome, but that didn't work out because I lost Hermy to her spay. Then Tracy at RNGP tried bonding George and Oscar for me, which ended horribly, only because Oscar was so male and didn't want the company of another male. I just could not afford/have space/time for a girl each for them, so I had to rehome George :cry:

It was in Georges best interest, and if I denied both the boys company (which they very much longed for, but not each others) it would have been terribly cruel. I think rehoming George worked out better, becuase now George lives in a FANTASTIC new home with Kay and her giants, and he's been bonded to Cinders and they are amazingly loved up. Oscar found love with his girl too, and they bonded like a dream. I miss George soooo much, but he is so much better off being bonded to somebun who loves him back!

I know its probably not the answer you want to hear, but its another side of the story. I'm sorry the bonding didn't work out :( xxx

I just dont think i can bring myself to rehome any of them. Snowdrop would never go because of her health problems and will be fine as a single girl as she lives in our bedroom so at least gets some attention from us.

Is it really cruel to keep Bungle and Strawberry as single bunnies if they dont bond?

I'm so sorry it didn't work.:( I would agree with those that said that you can try bonding Strawberry and Bungle.

I'm so sorry it didn't work.:( I would agree with those that said that you can try bonding Strawberry and Bungle.

Jill is going to try this for us but I have little hope of it working and cant help but think of worst case scenario at the minute.

I just dont think i can bring myself to rehome any of them. Snowdrop would never go because of her health problems and will be fine as a single girl as she lives in our bedroom so at least gets some attention from us.

Is it really cruel to keep Bungle and Strawberry as single bunnies if they dont bond?

I don't think it is cruel. What you give them is much better than what they would get in a bunny rescue. You said it yourself that Bungle would be difficult to rehome due to his requirements.:( As for Strawberry, there is no guarantee that he would bond with any bun.:(

I don't think it is cruel. What you give them is much better than what they would get in a bunny rescue. You said it yourself that Bungle would be difficult to rehome due to his requirements.:( As for Strawberry, there is no guarantee that he would bond with any bun.:(

Thanks. I only want the best for them and have to accept if that isnt to live with me.

I think Bungle would love a friend so would feel bad keeping him here single. But then at least he has space and the care he needs.

Strawberry and Graham were a good bond so maybe Strawberry just needs a special type of bunny to bond with?

Back