• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Theo my brave boy. Includes graphic picture

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Theo has had his operation today to remove the malignant tumour on his shoulders. We know that he isn't cured but hopefully it will buy him a little more time with us, although there is still no guarentee :(

I was so shocked at the size of the wound as this was only the small operation. But I guess the more they have taken the longer we may have. They have taken away muscle as well as skin. Anything over the 2 weeks he was given to live before the operation will be a bonus but we have our fingers crossed it will be a good few months.

But at the moment I am just grateful to have him home again

P1210404.jpg

P1210401.jpg

P1210403.jpg

P1210405.jpg

Aww :(

i hope you have lots of time left with him.
he is a gorgeous cat xx

lots of rest for theo xx

Awwww, brave wee Theo :love::love::love: He looks quite sore, but they have loads of scruff skin so it should heal quite quickly. sorry i didnt get anything back from the uni oncologists :? so much for "email with any questions" ay?!

Is Eddie jealous of his poorly puddy-tat bed yet? :shock:

I made theo a lovely cosy bed up on the sofa, but he refused to stay on it and is on the cheap manky one on the floor :roll:

The vets have said that when it grows back they will x-ray him to see how much of the bone is affected and whether it has spread to his lungs and if the spread is bad then they will not operate again :(

Aaaw, poor Theo. He's looking very sorry for himself. :( Give him hugs from me!
I hope he heals up soon and you will have lots of time left with him.

They always look so poorly, but it amazes me how they recover so quickly. It look like they've taken a good margin, so hopefully they have got the tumor out. Fingers crossed it hasn't spread, and he has a good long time with you.

Its scarey how much they take away when the C word is involved but it has to be done as its so invasive.Theo looks very contented and I hope you have a lot more time with your beautiful pussy cat:love::love::love::love:

What a gorgeous cat is theo!! His wound does look really big :? hope he recovers soon from it, lots of get well soon vibes! x

Oh Liz Theo is absolutely beautiful :love: Sending him lots of recovery vibes & that you're able to enjoy lots more quality time together xxx

:love::love::love: Drowsy puss. I hope the op gives you and Theo as much time together as possible. :)

Ogh god bless him, so glad he's home. What a gorgeous brave boy. I really hope it was successful and he has more happy time with you x

Last edited:
It looks very scary now, but you know what animals are like, in two weeks it will just be a little seem and then the fur will cover it right over :D

Back