• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting and Rabbits!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Im planning on painting my room this weekend only problem is Fudge!

Im not allowed to put her in another room (parents not happy with a house bunny) so she has to stay in my room but im worried about the fumes!

Last time i painted my room i had both windows open, the door open and had fudge at the opposite side of where i was painting and she was fine!

But im worried incase it does her any harm. Its only basic white paint not any fancy paint with strong fumes!

If i have to i will stick with pink walls :roll:

It's up to you of course, but I really would wait til summer when you can have your windows open, and put your bun out in the garden while you're doing it. It's only a couple of months to wait - is it worth the risk?

apart from the fumes...will Fudge be in cage while you are painting and while it drys?...personaly i'd be worried what effect paint might have on a bunnies digestive system (wet painted walls +bunny =paint covered bunny who ingests paint while trying to groom and/or having to bath bunny)

if its low solvent paint (doors+windows open) the fumes 'shouldn't' be a problem

would your parents mind fudge in another room if she was in an indoor cage for a few hours? if you have an indoor cage or can borrow one and if youre parents dont mind, this would probably be best bet.

Back