• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bringing inside after dental?

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
My Brian is going for a dental on tuesday,
I was just wondering if it would be best to set up a hospital cage inside for them.

They are both normally outside in a insulated shed.

If I brought them into my room just to keep an eye on them would they get too warm?

I can always put them in the conservatory I suppose, its not heated in there, but then I wouldnt be able to keep an eye on him overnight, and I doubt its much warmer than the shed.

He also has upper respiratory problems.

Any advice appreciated.

I would bring them in if I were you, but not have the heating on in your room - you might have to get cosy with extra blankets and hot water bottles! :D

Apart from anything else though you should keep them in a one-level hutch/cage after they've had GA, cuz you don't want to risk them falling off anything and hurting themselves.

Good luck for the dental!

I would bring them in if I were you, but not have the heating on in your room - you might have to get cosy with extra blankets and hot water bottles! :D

Apart from anything else though you should keep them in a one-level hutch/cage after they've had GA, cuz you don't want to risk them falling off anything and hurting themselves.

Good luck for the dental!

I dont care about me, lol, I'm cold all the time anyway.

I've got one of those ferplast rabbit 140 homes, so I think that should be alright, Mol was in it after her spay anyway.

Thanks for the advice, how long do you think he will need to stay indoors for?

I'd give it 16-24 hours after they come home, just to be sure. Then they should be fine! Just make sure they're eating properly when back outside too.

I'd give it 16-24 hours after they come home, just to be sure. Then they should be fine! Just make sure they're eating properly when back outside too.

Alright, will do thanks :D

Looks like my tortoise is going to have to be evicted from my room for a night!

i always bring my bunny in after his dentals. usually just keep him in over night and if he's doing o.k(which he usually is) i put him back outside. its much better for you to keep an eye on them and make sure there eating.

i always bring my bunny in after his dentals. usually just keep him in over night and if he's doing o.k(which he usually is) i put him back outside. its much better for you to keep an eye on them and make sure there eating.

Its the first dental I've had to deal with so I'm a little worried and will definately bring them both inside
Thanks xx

Homer had a dental under GA last Tuesday - when we had all the snow :roll: - and we brought him in that night and kept him in the following day and night too, just to be on the safe side. (We have an insulated wendy house with tubular heaters.)

We made sure that there was extra blankets for warmth and we let Katy back with him once we knew he was eating and pooping OK. She snuggled right up to him.:love:

Good luck for the dental on Tuesday.

Homer had a dental under GA last Tuesday - when we had all the snow :roll: - and we brought him in that night and kept him in the following day and night too, just to be on the safe side. (We have an insulated wendy house with tubular heaters.)

We made sure that there was extra blankets for warmth and we let Katy back with him once we knew he was eating and pooping OK. She snuggled right up to him.:love:

Good luck for the dental on Tuesday.

Thankyou :)

I'm glad your Homer was ok.

Im so shocked as just last month the vet was praising how perfect his teeth were, and now this. He isnt even showing any signs!

Im going to keep Molly with him I think, so long as she doesnt annoy him too much. She is so territorial I dont think she would tolerate being apart then reintroducing very well. :roll:

:lol::lol: Katy is like a bull in a china shop so I had to keep them apart or he would get no peace. She had missed him that much during the day she just jumped in next to him and started to groom him :love: I must admit though, the first time he went to the vets for the day we had to sort of re-bond them, but they seem to be OK now.

It may be worth you asking for X-rays to check the full state of the teeth.

:lol::lol: Katy is like a bull in a china shop so I had to keep them apart or he would get no peace. She had missed him that much during the day she just jumped in next to him and started to groom him :love: I must admit though, the first time he went to the vets for the day we had to sort of re-bond them, but they seem to be OK now.

It may be worth you asking for X-rays to check the full state of the teeth.

Haha, bless her! He probably enjoyed the peace for a little while ;)
Who is who on your sig? :love:

He is having x-rays also since he has problems with snuffles too. :wave:

Homey is my cuddle bunny - the "blue" one, and Katy is my "hyper" black and white bunny.

Totally different personalities.:lol:

Back