• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG I just got a proper cuddle :)

AilsaDS

Warren Scout
Phillip jumped out of his run (over his cage).. I'm waiting for the NIC cubs so I can set up his accommodation properly as his run isn't 100% secure :lol:

Anyway I picked him up to move him & he struggled as usual.. but i decided rather than just put him down like I usually do that I'd try & hold him a lil longer and see if he would calm down or not...

He was wriggling @ 1st as he usually does so I held him firmly.. then as I felt him relax I let his front legs rest on my arm & I was just talking to him & stroking him and I must have been holding him for a good 3/4 mins before I put him down.

He did give my arm a lil nip as I let him go but he didn't hurt me :lol:

I can't believe I got a cuddle though.. a real proper one :love:

:D:D Hope he'll carry on with the cuddle giving! If not, then I'm sure Jessica will be happy to oblige!!

hehe I do too, I know he can give cuddles 'cos I saw them holding him @ the rescue centre without any wriggling & my bunny nurse @ the vets has been able to give him a cuddle too but I've been taking it really slowly as I know I need to gain his trust & he wouldn't let me hold him for longer than a few seconds before.

I do hold my cats a lot though as they love cuddles so Phillip seeing me with them might have helped. I hope so anyway :D

& I can't wait to give Jessica cuddles too - she's soo adorable :love:

PS: He's sprawled out in his run looking sooooooo relaxed :lol:

I think he's seen enough of the vets to last him a lifetime but yup.. that seems to work; for the bunny nurse anyway :lol:

& I will definetly post lots of pics once they're bonded.. n prolly pics of them bonding too ;)

Ailsa DS one of the reasons why they allow cuddles at the vets is that they're scared & tend to stay still so as not to be seen. Phillip is just more confident & not scared of you :D:D:D.
They do like to feel secure & be held firmly. I'm thrilled he let you cuddle him. My bun prefers me to cuddle him on the floor;)

aww.. thanks honey, it means a lot to know he's trusting me, obviously going slow with him has really helped even though I was told he's a very cuddly & affectionate bunny :love:
It's taken longer I think because I had to give him medication just a few days after I adopted him & he started to resent me holding him but I know all bunnies are different & it takes some much longer than others.. & some won't cuddle at all so I feel very honoured.

I kept talking to him & telling him how much I love him whilst I was cuddling him :oops: :love:

Back