• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little question..

Hey guys,

This is probably the stupidest question on the planet! I have Patrick at the vet on saturday for his myxi booster, is it a good idea for me to take twinsen with him? Thanks xxx

I dont bring my pairs to the vet together, they are always fine when i put them back together. If it is a very newly bonded pair, maybe i would bring them both, but generally, no :).

we do and dont. Ops they go seperate its lovely watching them when they are back together but this prob is cruel as they worry about each other.
However less stressful if you take both together as they can talk to each other even though we cant hear and ease nerves.
Your meant to if bonded as one may reject other if smells funny after being at vets if its to hard to carry both and been together ages they should be fine if you can handle both take both for company

Another silly question...what would you class as a newly bonded pair? Twinsen and Patrick have been together since about september last year? I feel a little silly asking such simple questions :oops: xx

I would definitely leave bonded partners together. The vets is stressful enough without them wondering where their friend is:cry: And ill buns recover quicker when bonded, than single ones do

Sometimes a bun returns from the vet & smells funny too - so that can cause an issue between bonded pairs, though I've not had that myself

Muppet and Sooty have been together since July. Currently we have many vet trips but I generally leave Sooty at home. There's no problem with them afterwards. (Me and Muppet have been out for two hours this morning, they're side by side under the table as usual.) The one time I took Sooty as well was when Muppet stayed in at the vets for the afternoon so they could syringe feed him for me.

I'd class newly bonded as only being together a month or two. probably different in everyones minds though :)

I always keep my bonded buns together - one needs a vet, they all go!

Back