• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 female English spots

rickc

Young Bun
Im getting 2 9 week old female English spots end of this week, and was wondering at what age will the become aggressive and fight with each other. Which i assume they will as they mature.

They will be temporarily housed in a 4ft double hutch (was going to buy a freddie but out of stock until end of MARCH) and have access to a run.

Im thinking im probably safe until that date IE another 8 - 9 weeks would that be your opinion??

Or is it possible as 2 sisters they would get on (in hope):D

I had two sisters when I was in my teens, never knew you could have them spayed!

They always got on really well with no fighting though one of them always seemed to eat the most food.

:wave: Not sure I suppose it depends on the individuals and how territorial they become. I know some seem to have probs and others don't. I think the general opinion is very similar to that with dogs now though that in fact spaying them is also of benefit to their 'health' as well as temperament. I think for females I personally would be quite careful to provide 2 of everything if they start to become a bit territorial, it works with other species. Will you put some pics on ?:)

when I get them I will put some pics on yes.

Thanks for the info, hopefully they will be ok, i know i had 2 males (brothers) in the past and they did nothing but fight until they were "done"

Back