• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just found lost bunn

BaileyBunn

Warren Scout
a neighbour has just knocked on my door, theres a big grey bunn wondering the road and its just gone in 2 next doors garden... really dont know what to do i dont want to bring it in as it could pass somthing to bailey, but dont want to leave it out there as it will prob be killed, i cant let it run free in a spare room as it will do damage and i rent...only thing i can think is to put it in baileys carry case if i can catch it, till i get home at 1...then what the hell do i do other than knock on everyones doors...:shock:

If you can get it in a carrier and then into a secure area then you'll be fine to leave it untill you get home.
Anything should be fine....like a dog crate or puppy pen or something.
Then I think that door to door would be an idea, although don't describe the bun, just ask if one is missing. Either that or leaflets through doors.
Hope you catch it!

Give your vet a call, they may temp house it or have a spare cage, they may also get a call from the owner looking.

yeah, am worried about it passing somthing to bailey, gonna go run around the road like a idiot now and try catch it...why does this have to happen at this time of the morn :roll:

how can i minimise chance of passing anything...not gonna bring it in same room as bailey, i dont know other than change clothes and dont use carry case again...any ideas

You'll be fine using the carrier again as long as you disinfect it first. Keep it somewhere Bailey doesn't go and make sure nothing comes into contact with anything of Baileys.

Just thought id let every1 know, i managed to catch the bunn, with help from neighbours, i took him to the local vets, they wont take him and said he wasnt registerd/didnt recognise him...so the next vets are about 5miles away am gonna phone them later, no ones been looking for him all day though so am hoping somone will knock round tonight, have informed local shop and all the local vets will be told aswell...anyway he is currentley at my mums in her empty hutch (she no longer keeps rabbits) as i didnt want anything to be passed between him and bailey, rspca are full, so if no one claims him looks like bailey will have a new friend, of course once hes been neutered
x

pretty sure he isnt, he looks quite sleek, prob a rex, nice colour grey with white tummy and a tann tuft between his ears, i didnt pick him up but my mum did and he was completely tame, didnt even struggle, spose tht cud of been cs he was scared thou, poor bunn must of been out all night though, he was just huddled under my housemates motorbike! other people did see him runnin round the road and just left him so lucky i was home

i will put a pic up 2moro as will prob make a poster if no one comes to get him, cant at the mo as he's at my mums which is 15mins drive away!

i will put a pic up 2moro as will prob make a poster if no one comes to get him, cant at the mo as he's at my mums which is 15mins drive away!

Aw, well done for catching him!

I found my bunny in exactly the same way and was advised against putting up posters with the bunnys picture/description on.
The best way to go about it is to put "found rabbit", the area you found them and your contact details, that way if someone rings up, you can ask them to describe the bunny so you know they arent messing you about.

yeah im gonna wait a few days before i do posters ne way, theres a spar shop just across the road, most people would go there if theyd lost a pet and ive told them and the 3 vets in the area, so if they want him back hopefully will get through to me, vets did say people lettin rabbits lose cos they dont want them anymore if happening more+more as rspca's are full, he hasnt been neutred thou and no vets have a record of a grey rex in the area so im guessin not vaccinated ether, he looked healthy but did smell quite strongley of pellets.
just hope he has some good owners that want him i guess..

Did the vets scan for a chip? You never know, you may get lucky. Phone rescue centres in your local area too, even if it is just to register a fund bunny. They will all probably have lists of lost and found animals. Pluss a worrid owner may think that someone will take it to a rehoming centre, stray rabbits are supprisingly common.

yeah had him scanned and no chip. the vets checked and no rabbits of his discription in the area, the nearest rescue is almost 2 hours away, ive informed every1 i can think of... in quite a small community aswell where i am so if someones looking they should be able to find him, just dont have time to knock on every1s doors at the mo, ah well, only just half 5 now, someone might get home from work in a min and relise there missin a rabbit! x

Well done for looking after him! (All those lazy thoughtless people just leaving him...)

I ended up with a rabbit on Christmas Eve three years ago - found by one of my neighbours who knocked on all the doors etc but no-one claimed him. I was the last person she asked and agreed to take him in as she had other pets and nowhere safe to put him. I went away for Christmas, took my new pet with me and we had a lovely time :D (He was very friendly and cuddly lionhead.)

When I got back his owners re-claimed him straightaway - he'd gone missing whilst they were out, of course they were distraught but didnt find out for a day or so that someone had found him, and then I was away...

So, you never know!

Ollie turned up on my doorstep almost 4 months ago now-he was going to stay for a week,if not claimed, then he was going to a rescue.No-one claimed him,then I made the mistake of naming him :oops:.......he is one of my indoor bunnies at the min [hopefully will bond with outdoor bunnies in the spring]

Back