• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Snowy if you have any spare....snuffles

Veronica

Mama Doe
Snowy's now on penicillin injections at the vets every two days. We're awaiting his nasal swab results too (which should be back on Friday).

He saw the vet again this evening for his second penicillin shot (next one Friday), who said that he's not appearing any better....but also, not any worse. His chest is still clear.

He's sounding snotty, and has quite dramatic sneezing fits. Other than that he is eating well, and appears very happy. It's just sad watching him sneezing, hearing his snuffly nose when breathing, and having him used as a bunny pin cushion.

He's only a tiny nethie too :( Poor little man :(

It may be a tooth root problem

Has this been investigated ?

No, not yet. The vet hasn't mentioned it. I think he is awaiting the nasal swab results.

Would an xray be needed for a tooth root investigation?

I need your expert advise Jane pleeeeeease! :D

One of our disabled bunnies had similar problems we found the antibiotic zithromax worked wonders, he needed several weeks of it but he has hardly had any relapse :)

Sending lots of vibes :)

Oh and yes and x-ray under GA would be needed to rule out tooth root problems

Sending lots of vibes. I know how your feeling. Albie is a little Nethie he is struggling with Snuffles and Pneumonia :cry:

Big hugs xx

Sending loads of vibes xxx

ETA i have just noticed that all our buns with breathing probelms are tiny nethies, i wonder if their genetics are not helping :?

Last edited:
Back