• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So cute and so sad..

rachglos

Warren Scout
I went into my local p@h today, been a few weeks and they have completly re-done all the rabbit and small pet area, they had 2 beautiful boys in the "for adoption" area. They were previously for sale but nobody wanted them so are up for adoption. The cage they are in is not very big and I felt so sorry for them.

I was going to ask questions but I coudn't find anybody apart from the person on the till and she was really busy.
Is adopting an animal from p@h just freeing up space for them to get more in? they looked so cute and so sad.. I'm glad they had each other but wish they had a bigger space..
This was taken on my mobile so not brilliant pic..

Photo-0224.jpg

Difficult one
putting them in an "adoption area" is better than returning them to a supplier which used to be done..and that was NOT good news for the rabbits
but if they didn't buy stock in to begin with they wouldn't fill up their "adoption" bit with un bought bunnies
It does make a bit of a mockery of the work rescues do:?

They look like young Frenchies!! :love::love::love:

They really shouldn't be in the adoption part, as this is for bunnies brought in. Generally you're not freeing up space for more of their buns as it's meant to be completely separate, but some do do this! :(

They specifically said that they had been for sale but nobody wanted them :( and so for adoption. They were lovely. They have 2 adoption bits and both were with unsold buns. I just dread to think what will happen if they are not adopted but yes it does not help with all the already unwanted buns (if they just get more in) and what rescues are doing.

They specifically said that they had been for sale but nobody wanted them :( and so for adoption. They were lovely. They have 2 adoption bits and both were with unsold buns. I just dread to think what will happen if they are not adopted but yes it does not help with all the already unwanted buns (if they just get more in) and what rescues are doing.

It sounds like a terrible branch!! :(:(
It's really up to you what you do. You'd be giving two bunnies a home, and they need one. As their ethics are so bad I don't think it would free up another space, as I'm sure they'd just find somewhere to put the "old" buns.

It's a toughie!!

I don't know if we could take them on as they have been indoors and we only have an outdoor hutch and run, which our others buns don't use now as they are full time indoors but I will approach the OH and see what he says.
It's also how our indoors buns would react to "sharing" the garden etc (although had buns for 6 years I'm still very new and learning evey day so sorry for silly questions)
Is there anywhere that I could write to instead, are they allowed to just put unwanted sale buns in the adoption area? I would like to do something.. I feel terrible for them and the other 2 that were there.

Back