• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heights

Hessen

Banned
One of the first pieces of advice we were given when we got ours buns, was that they don't like heights. Natural instinct is to be on the ground and as close to it as possible, don't like heights, being picked up etc.

Well we seem to have the Edmund Hillary of bunnies! They sleep on chairs, live on top of cardboard boxes and spend most of their flopped down chill out time at the top of the stairs!

Is the whole height thing just an urban myth?

007jl.jpg

I thought it was the opposite & buns loved being up high to survey the area, as long as they feel safe :lol:

Mine love being up high as long as they've made their own way there.
I don't think they like being picked high up off the ground though... Although for some reason Pipkin sometimes gets the urge to leap for my shoulder... :roll:

i've found that most bunnies love to sit up high where they get a good view of their surroundings.

apache in particular loves to climb and I regularly have to carry him down from bookshelves and other tall furniture because he can get up but not down :lol: we call him our squirrel-bunny :love:

All of my outside buns sleep on top of the hutches rather than in it. They've all done automatically, even when we've had new buns!

:lol: Yep, Scamp loves to climb/jump as high as he can get. I think they like the birdseye view... or are hoping there is a secret food cache up there :lol:

Your buns look like they are trying to have a secret meeting.. plotting mischief maybe ;) :lol:

All of my outside buns sleep on top of the hutches rather than in it. They've all done automatically, even when we've had new buns!

Mine too! I have a hutch which is inside the bunnies enclosure, and they sit on top of that all night instead of inside the hutch!

Back