• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Especially for Donnamt - zonked bunny pics

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
Thumper is legless on buprenorphine. He's just sorted out 1 ear over his back & keeps falling asleep in his food bowl
DSCF4790.jpg

Yep we're getting better ear control now
DSCF4796.jpg

Well if you knew what I was trying to pass you'd fall asleep on the throne too.
DSCF4798.jpg

That was a dirty trick you played on me today - I'm not talking.
DSCF4800.jpg

:shock:....:love::love::love::love::love:

Thumper is so gorgeous! Poor boy! How's he feeling?!

(Can't say his throne looks very appealing!....)

I have just shown these photos of Thumper to my mum. She thinks he has a wonderful shiny coat of fur:love::love:

:shock:....:love::love::love::love::love:

Thumper is so gorgeous! Poor boy! How's he feeling?!

(Can't say his throne looks very appealing!....)

:oops:I know Teddy's mummy. He knows the general area to go, I can't blame him for getting on his litter tray sideways, & back to front when he's in that state. He even tried to use his hay tray! I leave the clean up of his towel & tray until he's properly round.:oops: He won't use the normal arrangement, but this arrangement means that I know exactly how much he poops & wees & his hocks never get a drop of wee on them.

Thumper wants to say,"Ooooo thanks ever so much for admiring me. You're really nice hoomins. I like to play with hoomins like you when they visit our warren. I'm ever so good, I know how to see them to the front door when they leave."

Can I ask why he was on Buprenorphine? I know its a drug used in heroin addiction but wondered why it would be used in bunny care?

Lovely pics by the way x x x x

Can I ask why he was on Buprenorphine? I know its a drug used in heroin addiction but wondered why it would be used in bunny care?

Lovely pics by the way x x x x

Thank you Cat. It's used as a strong analgesic for buns because it has fewer gut effects than other narcotics. He seems to have a sensitive mouth, & it can be quite hard to get him eating after a dental. I prefer to have him home quickly. On this occasion he was assessed at 2.00pm had facial X R, & a dental for molar spurs & was home at 5.00pm. He's always discharged with a tummy full of critical care.

I think that many buns would still be at the vets when like this, but he's no trouble,& just lies up behind my chair with the heater on.

I've noticed that it's been followed by a couple of days of hyperactive behaviour, on 2 occasions now.

I've been trying to get the timing of his dentals right on another thread. A zonked bunny with total loss of ear control was a bit of light - heartedness to share with you all.

Back