• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Only look if you promise you wont steal it!!!!!

Should I buy it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think a shed and run would be cheaper, and give the bunnies more space. It's a good idea in principle...but I don't think it's worth that, when you can get a brilliant shed/run!

I think a shed and run would be cheaper, and give the bunnies more space. It's a good idea in principle...but I don't think it's worth that, when you can get a brilliant shed/run!

Yeah but I have a lazy hubby-to-be who wont build me one!!!!!

searcher 'giant rabbit hutch' on ebay

Yeah but I have a lazy hubby-to-be who wont build me one!!!!!

searcher 'giant rabbit hutch' on ebay

I guess it's 1mx 1m40 inside space. They'd need to be allowed into the run at all times (so extra fox-proofing would be a must! (more wire on the other side), so there's a gap and foxy can't nip/scratch the buns). I'd keep looking, as for the price I still don't think it's worth it.

I guess it's 1mx 1m40 inside space. They'd need to be allowed into the run at all times (so extra fox-proofing would be a must! (more wire on the other side), so there's a gap and foxy can't nip/scratch the buns). I'd keep looking, as for the price I still don't think it's worth it.

yeah i did think about fox proofing- and about putting a clear perspex 'barrier' around the whole outside of about 70cm high....

I will keep looking!

I think size wise it's great, plenty of space in the run and the hutch is a decent size. As long as they always have access to both parts it's easily sufficient. I think the price is good, you wouldn't get a decent shed and a run for the same price. The only question is the build quality, you can't see what type of wood they've used or what type of mesh. Also what would you do about the floor, you'd need to make that secure some how.

that's great, BUT, I would be worried about my buns trying to climb those stairs, I would be far too worried that they would fall and hurt themselves :oops:

Homebase or another hardware store are ALWAYS having '10/15% off everything' so I would be inclined waiting for one of these days to pop out, and get a shed from there! Also, I swear when I was looking, someone made aviary panels to order, so all you had to do was erect it and join them together! I can't remember if it was a search of google, or on ebay, but there is bound to be someone out there offering a reasonable price for them.

I'm sure you can save money, but if you can't, its worth paying that little extra for it to last a lot longer and that's more durable :wave:

Back