• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Size

clarebear

Mama Doe
Bramble has a hutch/run set up at the moment, and we also let him out in the garden when we can for a run about.

Ideally I'd like to get him a nice big run, which I could put him in during the day, so he can be outside, able to run about without having to be outside with him the whole time.

What size run would you recommend getting? Any places that are good to buy from? My OH made my friend a lovely big run, but it ended up costing about £100 in materials! We figure it will be cheaper to buy one!

There's Run-Rabbit-Runs, who's a member on this forum. They have fold up runs that are a pretty good price.
I'm planning on buying one of theirs for summer :)

I was going to get a 6x6x2 collapsible sheltered one. I think on the site it was £70.
I probably wouldn't get one smaller than 6x4x2, but my bunnies are only little.

ive recently purchase a fold up run, id recommened them if you want to store it somewhere without taking up to omuch room, ours is stored in corner of shed, and takes little room up, can't wait for spring, more excited then the rabbits :lol:

If it is a run and Bramble gets no free range garden time then I would think it needs to be about 10ft to give him space to actually run and binky properly.

If it is a run and Bramble gets no free range garden time then I would think it needs to be about 10ft to give him space to actually run and binky properly.

I agree with Snowberry. Mine have a 10ft x 4ft dog kennel and have loads of free range time. Mine are dwarf lops so not huge bunnies but would be bored if I kept them confined to that little space 24/7.

I have 2 frenchies in a 10ft x 4ft run but when I am home the door to it is open so they can free range the bottom half of my garden if they want. Think Frenchies are too big to be confined to anything smaller IMO

:D

Yes that's true, I was assuming he'd still get the free range time he does at the moment, just with the run for him to go in while you're out?
My two have free range of the patio when I can supervise but I want a run for them so they can go out on the grass over summer (that part of my garden isn't bunny proofed).

If you want a big run, putting in posts and meshing around them might work out cheaper/easier.

Yes that's true, I was assuming he'd still get the free range time he does at the moment, just with the run for him to go in while you're out?
My two have free range of the patio when I can supervise but I want a run for them so they can go out on the grass over summer (that part of my garden isn't bunny proofed).

I'd still give him as much free range time as possible too, I'd like him to have a bit more space even when I can't be outside with him. Also looks like we are moving house and I don't think the new garden is bunny proof, so will need somewhere for him when we first move. I worry about leaving him in the garden on his own, because of cats.

Runs

Hi there just a quick note from us we can build any size run if there is 1 not on our site please ask we will do all we can to help. We are trying to design 1 that is not just square and has fun things for the rabbits any ideas would be great thanks.

Back