• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found the Source of Fudges Gas problem!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
With Fudge getting really bad gas everyday i had to find out what was causing it! I stopped certain foods one at a time and stopped dried herbs, hays but she still got gas!

It was then i realised when the gas started, the day after i bought her dried herbs and a mineral stone. I got her a mineral stone as with her having poor enamel i thought the added calcium in the stone would help her teeth. But instead it was giving her terrible gas problems everyday:?

I took it away on monday morning after i realised and she has been fine since then, no more gas problems *touches wood*

So for now she is feeling much better (until the next thing comes along :roll:)

bunny farts STINK! :lol::lol::lol:

Are you being serious? :? I've never known a bunny to f*rt, and should imagine it's pretty serious if they do!

Ginger has a terribly gassy tummy but it doesn't seem to bother him. His bloods were high in calcium but he doesn't use mineral stones, so that can't be it.

bunny farts STINK! :lol::lol::lol:

If their gut is working properly they have no smell at all, which is why most people don't know they do it.

If they are smelly, there is probably an overgrowth of the wrong sort of bacteria in their gut, or the gut is slower than it should be for various reasons.;)

I'm so glad you've found out the gas was caused by the mineral stone. That's the last thing I would have thought of. Thank you so much for telling us.

Is it possible your bunny's discomfort was not caused by by gas but by bladder sludge or stones? Just wondered as the symptoms can be similar and that could be linked to the mineral stone. xx

Is it possible your bunny's discomfort was not caused by by gas but by bladder sludge or stones? Just wondered as the symptoms can be similar and that could be linked to the mineral stone. xx

She had xrays showing no stones or any abnormalities! Her pee was perfectly normal it was just she had a very gassy tummy almost all day and everyday for about a week. She got gripewater and metacam which did help alot but the gas just kept coming back!

Also since stopping the mineral stone ive noticed a big change in her poo she is pooing way more and they are much bigger (Forgot to mention she did have a little stasis after the gas started:?) so no more mineral stones for Fudge ever :roll:

If their gut is working properly they have no smell at all, which is why most people don't know they do it.

If they are smelly, there is probably an overgrowth of the wrong sort of bacteria in their gut, or the gut is slower than it should be for various reasons.;)

yeah first few times she had a tiny brussel sprout that did it!! she's fine on them now!! :lol:

she's been checked out by the vet this morning, all is fine with the world :)

Back