• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I haven't been this angry for a VERY long time!!!

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
:evil::censored: Sorry if this is quite an angry post but I have to get it out!!!

Someone I know has just rehomed a giant rabbit from her friend. She just phoned me to ask if I know of any Guinea Pigs that needed a home. I asked her if the guinea pig was to go with the rabbit and guess what she said...:roll::censored:

I told her all the stuff (dietry etc) and that a giant rabbit could easily kill a poor little guinea pig. She said, "but he is such a friendly rabbit".

I asked her why she doesn't get another rabbit and she said,

"BUT i DON'T REALLY LIKE RABBITS! It's just that this rabbit is really cool!"

Why the :censored: has she got this rabbit then!!!

I am so :censored: ANGRY!

She knows me very well and knows how hard I work to help and promote animal welfare. I feel like I have been kicked in the teeth :( I cried when I got off the phone and I am shaking cos I'm so angry :censored:

Do you know the worst bit...

SHE'S A VET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored::evil::censored::evil::censored::evil:

Last edited:
I am actually livid. How can a vet think this is ok?!?!?!

HOW?!?!

I am devastated :(

It makes me feel like things will never change :(

Well unfortunately a University Degree does not guarantee common sense !!

Lets hope that her clients are more informed about Rabbit and Guinea Pig care than she is.

"Really cool" is not a long term reason to get a rabbit - so although you are right to be annoyed, at least you are safe in the knowledge that this will be short term only. With luck, she'll get bored sooner rather than later & bunny can go to a spanking new home.:D (They should call me Miss Brightside:D)

:wave:Are you sure she isn't winding you up? Either that or she is really quite thick.

Did she come to a conclusion? Like get another rabbit or leave the guinea pig idea?

If she still ignores you then theres not much you can do. Thousands of people keep their animals in the wrong conditions or housing. . .

it's a sad fact of life that some people don't care about their pets :(

Go and pinch it and send it to me:D:D:D:D, the stupid woman:evil:
Or tell her I have a guinea pig but the bonding would have to be done at mine so rabbit will have to come up here;)

Managed to persuade her not to get a guinea pig to live with him :D

Just now have to work on persuading her to get him a friend! :roll:

Back