• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is .... Critical Care

Cheeky

Young Bun
Hi all

I've seen a few threads on here that mention feeding critical care when bun has bloat. I've not heard of it before - what is it? Is it something the vet gives out or can you buy it at a pet shop ???

Thanks

April is on it at the moment. She's refusing hay and the vet said this would be a good way of getting fibre into her...

Just to add that it is always essential that a Bun who stops eating is examined by a Vet BEFORE being given anything but water orally.

CC is great for syringe feeds but there are circumstances where 'force feeding' could be extremely detrimental to Bun's health eg if the Bun had an obstrucion in their GI tract.

xx

In my experience 'Science Recovery Diet' is better, as my buns like the taste of that one. They'll eat Recovery right out of the bowl sometimes, even if they refuse eveything else. My pair hate CC.

In my experience 'Science Recovery Diet' is better, as my buns like the taste of that one. They'll eat Recovery right out of the bowl sometimes, even if they refuse eveything else. My pair hate CC.

thats strange as most of the rabbits we've had to use it on prefer the CC:D

She has just eaten pellets and carrot..and Bungle has had a bit of a brush and a zoom round my lounge:D

He is really quick isnt he! Did he let you brush him? He usually tries to bite us! How long did it take you to catch him to get him back away? His record is 40 minutes the other night of darting between the two sofas before we got hold of him!

Back