• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Predicament O.o any suggestions?

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Ok i have a bonded pair. I am going awayin april and i don't have a clue what to do with them.

I deffinately do not trust anyone i know here to look after them. o_O My sister would probably end up killing them (by accident of course) and my auntie hasn't a clue about rabbits.

I'm extremely paranoid about them and i need someone who would know EVERYTHING about bunnies...otherwise i just wont enjoy my holiday :(:(:(

I dont know what to do.. im stuck but i really could do with this holiday :(

I dont want to stress them out by taking them somewhere to be looked after but i just dont know what else i can do.

please someone give me any options :(

ah hun I feel your pain! My boyf started working in Norway last year and has been bugging me for ever to go and visit him (he comes back every 10 days mind!) and I just can't leave my babies, esp with Pye's terrible and very unpredictable tummy problems.... Every time I think about going I go into a mild panic about all the what ifs and how much I would never forgive myself if anything happened to them.

I think I may just resign myself to the life of a hermit cos I just can't see a way round it either!

haha i wouldn't trust boarding!! some strangers looking after my buns just for profit :| my gosh no.

I just dont know i worry somuch but i really need to go on holiday i haven't been for years! i dont do holidays coz i hate flying but ths is ust in the uk lol.

eek. i may have to resign to boardng.. but that almost panics me more o_O arg silly me >.<

did you get your buns from a rescue? maybe they offer boarding with enough notice.. hopper haven took Alvin and Pearl for me for a donation/small fee. deffo helps with peace of mind knowing one of the best bunny carers has the buns :D

Have you thought about a pet sitter who would come into your home? Needs to be someone you trust. That is what I did when my friend couldn't do it. I got the pet sitter's name from the rabbit rescue. She was a volunteer there and had several rabbits of her own. Sometimes the vet's office can recommend someone or some of the vet nurses do it. Julie and Raul are most comfortable in their home. This pet sitter treated them like children as I do and sent daily emails.

I had this same dilemma about holidays. My neighbours are brilliant at looking after the buns for a long weekend and I wouldn't even mind them looking after them for a week but we are going away for 3 weeks in September. I know that they will be disappointed not to be looking after them but they would need properly cleaning out a few times and I wouldn't be able to get all the fresh food ready etc. Plus if anything happened we would be a bit far away (the Balkans!)

Anyway, our solution is the rescue that one of our rabbits came from. The lady that runs the rescue also does boarding to generate a few more funds. This is ideal for us as she knows all about rabbits, knows their needs etc and it will give her some more funds for the rescue.

I can understand your worry and hope you find somewhere you can trust.

i have found a solution!!

My friend fosters all sorts of animals and although she is more of a piggy person she has 3 bunnies of her own and i trust her :)

I didnt want to ask her previously because she's had a rough time of late. :D it's gunna be ideal as she has a spare room where i can put their outside run and so they will have plenty of space and even be able to free range as she's used to her belongings being destroyed :lol:

:D :)

:oops: I am the same as you. As Homey has tummy problems (moreso in the summer) I have to clean him each day, sometimes twice. Although my Mum and sister do a fantastic job looking after them a couple of days they worry themselves silly.

Last year I put in a wireless IP camera so I can see in their hutch from the internet. I did not put it in to "spy" on my sister (that is what my Mum thought) but to have it there if they thought anything was wrong.

I'm glad you have found a solution. I am still looking as I would not like them to go anywhere. Have not been on hol for 4 years now :oops:

haha well fortunately they have no probs...yet :roll: apart from Ellie does occasional get snuffly when she is stressed which never progresses to anything but noises really. (i personally think its coz she has a sort of squished looking face, a beautiful one though! :D )

I simply wouldn't go away if i had a poorly bun or even one with an on going problem..i'd panic sooo much! don't blame you for the camera! it's a brill idea but can hurt people's feelings unintentionally :roll:

Back