• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Esme - eating vibes have worked :)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I took Esme to see FHB at the same time as Artie (who has stayed in), she had a myxi jab and claws trimmed.

She also had an x-ray as FHB was concerned about how her bladder felt and she had some wee staining underneath (though not wet). X-ray was fine, thank god, but poor Esme was in a terrible state when I got her home, she was 'stuck' to the back of the carrier shaking and looked really terrified :cry::cry:

She's not eaten carrots or fenugreek crunchies (both of her favourites) and she's even been laid in her litter tray since for a while :cry::cry::cry: I'm not convinced she'll start eating on her own as I've seen her life this before after a trip to the vets, taking her to the vets doesn't seem a great option in the circumstances :? I keep making a fuss of her and she feels really tense. I wish she would relax a bit, I think she'd be doing better if Artie was here with her.

Any vibes would be appreciated as I'm at my wits end, I just don't know what to do for her. Keeping her as quiet as possible has been the strategy so far but I've seen her just go on hunger strike before when she has been stressed :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
I can sympathise. April has bloat and getting food into her is a nightmare. Sending loads of eating vibes...

I can sympathise. April has bloat and getting food into her is a nightmare. Sending loads of eating vibes...

Thank you.:love::love::love:

I've just given her a little snuggle and tried to encourage her to eat a Fenugreek Crunchie and she turned her face away and looked unhappy.

The power of vibes:
I left her and come back to the computer and as I glance round at her she's pushing the crunchie around ... I can hear crunching :D

More vibes needed though if anyone has any to spare ?

(Me and Esme send eating vibes for April):love:

Edit to add: She's munching something else now, I think it must be hay :D

Lots of vibes for Esme (that's a sweet name for a bunny, very Twilight:)). If she had a GA for the X-ray, than she'll take a little while to get back to eating. Just leave her quietly and make sure she has some food (carrot tops or grated carrot usually work) and hay to munch.

Hope she is properly munching again soon.

FC x

Lots of vibes for Esme (that's a sweet name for a bunny, very Twilight:)). If she had a GA for the X-ray, than she'll take a little while to get back to eating. Just leave her quietly and make sure she has some food (carrot tops or grated carrot usually work) and hay to munch.

Hope she is properly munching again soon.

FC x

Thanks. No she had no sedation. I was sat waiting for her, I haven't actually been told she wasn't sedated but I'm 100% sure I would have been told if she was. She has got wound up like this before after a vet visit so I feel really cruel now taking her.:cry::cry:

The vibes are working though. I suddenly thought about raisins so popped round to my mum's to get some. I knelt behind Esme rattling the bag (she watched me out of the corner of her eye) then she took one very happily and nearly took my fingers off asking for a second one :love::love: I think the piece of carrot has gone now (unless she's sat on it, but I'm pretty sure she's scoffed it).

Thank you so much for the magic vibes.:D

Thanks guys :love::love: She has bucked up loads. I've just given her some dried plantain/dandelions and she wolfed them down, she's now having a wander around. She doesn't feel as tense when I stroke her either.

What a relief as the road was foggy and scary in daylight, I really didn't want to do that drive again in the dark :?

hoping esme continues to eat lots:D (your esme, not mine as she's just stuffed herself silly with her veg:roll:)

Thanks again everybody :D

She's more relaxed now and running to me if I rattle a plastic bag :lol::love:

I'd probably lose a finger if I offered her a raisin now as she's back to her old self *touches wood*.

It was good to see an x-ray of her though to know everything looks as it should. The contrast between her bladder and Artie's was really clear - she's on the same diet as Artie and she's perfect, I had to have her bladder pointed out to me as I couldn't see it easily - Artie's shows as a big white balloon :cry:

how is esme today?

I've been out nearly all day but she's been lively and cheeky when I have seen her.

She's had the whole room to roam in as Artie has been at the vets - she's pooped everywhere so there must have been a fair bit of eating too :lol::love:

I do wonder if she was a bit motion sick as the pet carrier was facing forward, maybe it was worse as she would see more, rather than if it faces into the car and she won't see things whizzing about the same :? Anyway she's stuffing her face now, thanks for asking. :D

Back