• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Rabbit Boarding...

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
Hi all :wave:

I know this is a subject that there has been many threads on over the years but I am trying to find someone in Cambridgeshire who does house rabbit boarding. Does anyone have any recommendations please? All the really good places on the internet are miles away from me :(

I need to find somewhere where they wouldn't be shut up in a cage as mine are used to quite a large area and are never caged. Tall order I know, but is it impossible?!!

Any help would be greatly received.

One reason I never go away over night, wouldn't know of any boarders that allow rabbits to freerange!

Have you considered The Rabbit Residence Rescue, which is on the Rabbit Rehome website and has a website of its own that gives details of their boarding facilities.

It specifically refers to their ability to cater for house rabbits. Although the location is in Hertfordshire, it only appears to be 15 miles from Cambridge.

I hope this helps.

Sorry i dont know of anywhere in cambridge :( I doubt you would find a boarding place that could allow the bunnies to be totally free range.

Kate, you should send your baby to Jo at the bunnery in cannock, she does 15ft pens that are huge! xXx

Have you considered The Rabbit Residence Rescue, which is on the Rabbit Rehome website and has a website of its own that gives details of their boarding facilities.

It specifically refers to their ability to cater for house rabbits. Although the location is in Hertfordshire, it only appears to be 15 miles from Cambridge.

I hope this helps.

Caroline's indoor accomodation is very limited. How about Heathlands Animal Sanctuary in Royston? She has indoor accomodation, I've not seen it, but Gillian is very knowledgeable, she cured Beau's stasis when the vet couldn't help.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Thanks Snouter for going to the trouble of finding the info about the Rabbit Residence but as Lib n bunny says, the indoor accommodation is very limited, I do know the place.

There seems to be a real lack of bunny boarding around here, especially house bun boarding. The place in Cannock sounds great, shame I am so far away!!

theres a bunnery in hertfordshire too.. never been there but the one on the website looks good.
The Bunnery, Bishops Stortford
The Street
Takeley,
Bishops Stortford
Herts,
CM22 6QW.

Tel: 01279 871 822 01279 871 822
Email: jarmsby@aol.com.

my 3 are house rabbits with their own bedroom.. however when i go on hols, as long as its not in the winter they go to Cheryl's where they go into a 7foot hutch inside a shed and they cope really well..in fact they normally sulk when i go pick them up!! :roll: My alternative is for them to go to my mum's where i take a large pen and they go into a spare bedroom in it there.. obviously this is more like their normal home space but i worry cos my mum doesnt know that much about bunnies whereas i know they are really well pampered with cheryl.
Let me know if you try the bunnery.. always wondered what its like there

Hope you find somewhere for them!

If worst came to worst, I would have asked my best friend to look after them.
However, like two weeks before we saw an advert for small animal boarding in the paper. The lady is so nice, and O&D are in the girls room and are let out all evening :D Aswell as having their litter trays cleaned out every day. Home from home!!

oh such a shame were too far away! we have indoor "sheds" (heated outhouses) around 7 foot x 5 foot free range carpetted with heating, toys, tunnels etc. and then if owners request we allow free range in our conservatory for extra play time which is huge!

x

theres a bunnery in hertfordshire too.. never been there but the one on the website looks good.
The Bunnery, Bishops Stortford

The other bunneries in the Midlands have a number of loyal clients on here who really sing their praises but I went to visit this one to check it out a while ago and wasn't that impressed. It looks as if there is standard bunnery franchise accommodation so the sizes of the pens are really good, but I wasn't convinced by the knowledge or bunny savvyness of the owners. For example I asked how they disinfect the pens (they had carpet in the bases) and they couldn't tell me what they used, just that it 'killed everything'. In fairness to them though I should say it was a while ago I went there and it was fairly newly opened, so they might have got well into the swing of it and be much better now - so if it's an option it might be worth going to have a look and a chat as the actual facilities are definitely good :)

My outdoor buns have stayed at SJs before and have been well looked after and have enjoyed themselves :)

little santa having her medicene :love::love: will never get over how good she was. Or dudley making that loofa shoe HUGE by putting it in the water bowl. :lol:

Thanks XMissySJx for the photos, Dudley and Daisy look very happy in your conservatory!

Santa - thanks for the advice about The Bunnery....

Back