• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit ownership = Stress????

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Why do rabbits always get ill on a weekend or bank holiday? And how can molar spurs go from not bothering a rabbit at all, to being so bad that they lead to not eating and not pooping within a matter of hours? :roll:

Anyone else's blood pressure gone up since you got rabbits? :lol:

yet again last night i ended up in tears over Pearl and her resistance to take drugs.. its been a long struggle for months now and i fully expected her to be dead this morning when i got up, she got so upset. i got a huge scratch and then thismorning was no better..

i think my blood pressure must be so high now they would be unable to take a reading.

not sure bunnies are the pet for me tbh, im tired and stressed and feel abit of a failure :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: people get respite when they look after a terminally ill person.. theres no break with a bunny

Yep bunnies definately = stress! I am hating having mine away fom home at the minute, even though I know Jill gives them excellent care.

Snowdrop always gets poorly a bank holidays or after 6pm! And Bungles nose decided not to come unstitched untill 1pm on a saturday when the vets shut at 12!

I'm thinking of getting the vet acupuncturist lady to do me as well whilst I'm there... :roll: Maybe she'll give me a 2 for 1 discount :D

People who cope with seriously ill bunnies long term have my respect and admiration.

I have found my blood pressure is up, I have upset tummy through worry a lot and am not sleeping as well as I usually do. I have had a lot of bad luck recently though and haven't had a month yet where I haven't been to vets with a bun with something or another. I love them but I my oldest who is 11, never had a sick day in 11 years of owning him... but then i got others and there seems to be something with one of them (not all of them) constantly. :( I'm off to the vet's again tomorrow... I do feel stressed!
that sounds really negative... they give me a lot of pleasure but I also feel permanently worried/ on edge.

Nope less stressed, they relax me, I can imagine if they get ill it's very stressful though.

Back