• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Video of a Rabbit Dental

Thank you for posting that as I don't have the nerve to search on YouTube for rabbit dentals.

I nearly cried when I saw the clamp they use to keep the mouth open. I guessed they would use one, as that's what they use with horses, I just hoped they didn't, because it looks so barbaric.

To think of Feegal going through that:cry:

Still we are lucky that vets can do this and Feegal must feel so much better after the op:D

Wow that's really interesting, thanks.
I've stood in on a dental before but really couldn't see very much, so this video is great :)

I'm interested but might have to watch tomorrow on an empty stomach. :mrgreen:

:shock: I am dreading Beau ever having a dental again!! Now I've seen it, I'd jus be picturing it the whole time. Poor ickle monkeys :cry::cry::cry:

That was really informative Jane, it helps to have some idea of what your bunny goes through when they have to go in for a dental.
I will have a look for some more vidio on you tube.
I wish i could be a rabbit vet, but i would get to attached to the patients.:love:

That's fab. Thank you. I thought it may be like that as I had a summer job for 5 years in a row as a dental nurse for a family friend and I got to assist in a fair few surgicals that were very much like that on people.

Really good to see how it's actually done on rabbits. Has put my mind at rest funnily enough.

thankyou it was very interesting to see the procedure. it was also lovely to see the bunny hopping happily at the end!

That was fascinating - and the vet was so good at describing what he was doing - and also very soothing.

It was an excellent video

Thanks JacksJane!

An interesting thing to watch... and not half as gory and scary as I thought it would be.

Back