• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do? group of 2, 3 or 4

What would you do - bonding 2, 3 or 4. Your thoughts?

• To get charlie a wife and have 2 pairs

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • To have 2 pairs to start and then try a group of 4

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • To bond the pair with a single male and single female to make group of 4

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • To just try and bond the 3 I have

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

kaths101

Warren Veteran
:wave: im still dithering :lol:

I now have my pair bonded which is great but I just hate seeing Charlie on his own, hes fine when I go and sit with him and binkys about like mad, but when Im not there or havent got time to sit with him he justs sits on his own in the corner looking miserable (hes probably not - but you know what I mean! - I would just love to see him with a wifebun)

What would you do...

2 pairs..

to keep my pair, find a girl for charlie and make another pair, then try as a four..(2 pairs)

to just try and bond the 3 ive got?

or to equal things out try to bond my pair with a single male (charlie) and another single female (hopefully from the rescue that bond for me).

Im hoping to move all buns out to a shed and run in the spring - so if I can get them all together - they can all have a much bigger run!! This is why I would prefer a group as they will all benefit from sooo much more room - if I have 2 pairs the room will half - or I can have 1 pair inside and 1 pair outside if the group fails. I
Can I just add I have tried the group of 3 and the males didnt like each other but Im not an experienced bonder and may have seperated too early by the sounds of it. will be getting someone with experience to bond for me!! i will NOT be doing it by myself - I havent got the nerves! :lol:

Last edited:
Did you sort your jobs out in the end?? :)

If it were me, i wouldnt want a bonded odd number, i know a fair few people on here have had problems with bonded groups of 3 where 1 bun has been left out.

If your in a position to, i think the best thing would be to get a wife for Charlie :) You could then always bond the group into a 4 at a later date and move them into the garden :) If it didnt work you could keep 1 pair in the house and put a pair in the garden :) xXx

If it were me, I would try a group of 3 first.

We have a group of 3 (2 females and a male) and they get on great.

It really does depend on each bun's personalities.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have a trio, 2 females and a male with no problems, they dont get left out, they usually all go in different directions when out and about in the garden :lol:

i think a trio for you could be good, so that charlie isnt on his own, however i do think 2 pairs to start off with would be great and then later on you could introduce them into a 4 if you wanted... this also means rescueing another bun stuck in a rescue wanting his/her forever home :love::love::love:

If it were me, i wouldnt want a bonded odd number, i know a fair few people on here have had problems with bonded groups of 3 where 1 bun has been left out.

If your in a position to, i think the best thing would be to get a wife for Charlie :) You could then always bond the group into a 4 at a later date and move them into the garden :) If it didnt work you could keep 1 pair in the house and put a pair in the garden :) xXx

Its looking hopeful - Thanks for asking Becky - I dont want to jinx the job front but its looking alot better - wont know more for a few weeks yet but I feel so much better about it and have been in lots of positive discussions with my employers - I may even wangle a pay rise if I take on another section :D
I wont be doing anthing with another bun for a good 6-8 weeks anyway but im just trying to be prepared on the bun front - and have in my own head what I want to do so i can start saving for their bun mansion :lol: Im still in love with Dotty I keep looking at her but she must stay a housebun - have I got that right??. I just hate to see Charlie on his own at the mo - hes such a lovely bun and would make a wonderful husbun.. xx

Im so glad its all some what sorted. Will still keep my fingers crossed for you :) It must of been a nightmare for you.

I know what you mean about trying to be prepared, im thinking of next winters accommodation already :lol: Little does the OH know yet, Lottie and George want a wendy house :lol: xXx

Two's company three's a crowd, I would deffo get him a wife first and then go for a 4 bonding or keep them as two pairs. A balance of 2 males and 2 females will be much better I reckon and more likely to work out successfully. I don't reckon Oreo will take Charlie joining their relationship very well at all, I don't really blame him either, he is loved up now with Sooty.:D

ok, so the general feeling is I have to endure 2 lots of bondings - i was hoping to get it all over with in one go!! :lol:

Do two pairs usually go together ok?

I have had a pair, then a trio then a foursome. I think the easiest and best option if you have room would be two pairs, I really believe pairs form the strongest bonds and have less chance of falling out along the line :)

ok, so the general feeling is I have to endure 2 lots of bondings - i was hoping to get it all over with in one go!! :lol:

Do two pairs usually go together ok?

:lol::lol::lol: I would of thought it would be easier than a bonded pair and an interloper, it will all be worth it in the end. :D

I have had a pair, then a trio then a foursome. I think the easiest and best option if you have room would be two pairs, I really believe pairs form the strongest bonds and have less chance of falling out along the line :)

I agree with this :) All my own buns are in pairs, i would never even consider bonding into a group as both my pairs are so close :love:

I agree with this :) All my own buns are in pairs, i would never even consider bonding into a group as both my pairs are so close :love:

Yeah my foursome are happy enough but I think if I had room I would have two pairs as there is occasionally tension between the two girls.

trio's don't usually work very well (i know from experience). I would say either

try straight away for a 4 and see if you can get a local rescue to do the bonding

or

have 2 pairs and keep it that way, rather than risk putting 2 pairs together and being unable to bond the 4 & possibly ending up with one of the pairs loosing it's bond.

Just get it all done in one bond, far easier.

Depending on how fiesty the rabbits are and how sensitive I agree with this. It seems a shame to let the buns settle as two pairs and then disrupt them again I would either go for a foursome straight away or two pairs and stick at it

I had a bond of three. They got on very well, I did feel that Nutmeg was very slightly left out of the loop so got Smudge and was hoping to bond a four but that hasn't worked so we have two pairs now. We are going to retry in the Summer months when finding a neutral area will be a lot easier.

I have a group of 4 that all live in a shed at the bottom of the garden! They are mum & dad and thier son & daughter. The mum & dad have generally always been together (she has had 2 littlers so they were seperate during this time and then again during thier ops. They have always been able to see each other and have always bonded again fine).

When the two little one came along, I have 2 single and the mum & dad (but again have always been able to see/hear/smell each other). After both buns had their op, I put them together and they were fine so after a short while to decided to put all four together. Again they were fine, it was like they were always together. Dont get me wrong, there was some chasing but Bugs came out as boss and now they are all happy :lol:

For me personally, I dont have a huge garden so a foursome was the best option. This way they all live in the shed with access to the run 24/7 and also have free range time during the day. If they hadn't had bonded, then I would have had to reconsider the shed and they would only have half the space (or less if they couldn't stand the sight of each other!!)

Like the others have said, it depends on the buns too, all 4 of mine are quite laid back so bonding was easy (and they have always been able to see/smell/hear each other - I had no choice in the matter but dont know if that helped me?

One final note, I have to see it is lovely watching a foursome - although they do seem to have thier own bonds still (ie bugs & star) they do all groom each other and look out for each other and make a lovely foursome x

aww thanks that gives me hope! Though i think it is slightly easier to start with if they are related!!

Im hoping for a 4 to give them all more space aswell!!

i agree with Becky. I'd go for option 2 or 3: option 2 if u think Charlie will be difficult to bond. He's been a solo housebun for a while so might not take the bonding in general as well as other buns. If they were all into a 4 and it didnt work, you'd end up with a pair and 2 singles, which i am guessing is hard to house? but then if an experienced bonder is doing it, the all-at-once into a 4 might be better than 2 lots of bondings.

Back