• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please clarify amount of pellets to give

carolinej

Young Bun
i am starting to give my rabbits oxbow T pellets as had alot of problems using excel. rabbits have been on hay only diet until recently and have just started having veg again.
how much pellets should i give 2 adult rabbits each day? and is morning or evening best?
thanks

i am starting to give my rabbits oxbow T pellets as had alot of problems using excel. rabbits have been on hay only diet until recently and have just started having veg again.
how much pellets should i give 2 adult rabbits each day? and is morning or evening best?
thanks

I dont know about Oxbow but with SS or Excel its usually about an eggcupful and if you think that doesnt look alot,(which is me too), a bunnys diet should be 80 per cent hay (at least) and the rest greens and veg.
Hope this helps.xxxx

Mine are on Science Selective Mature and they get no more than a level serving-spoon every evening between TWO rabbits - so half a serving-spoon each per day. They're big rabbits as well. The pellets are really only fed as a treat - the rest of their diet is fresh hay and veg. And they're in boot camp at the moment coz they is little porkers - so probably only about 6 pellets each per day and half the amount of veg - mainly living on hay and fresh grass. They hate me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back