• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Complicated e.cunniculi and bonding questions!

Rowan

Warren Scout
Lola had suspected e.cunniculi last year (see thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=199592&highlight=lola+rocking). She responded well to a 6-week course of panacur, with all the bleach cleaning on the relevant days, and now has no symptoms. Her partner, Teddy was also treated for 6 weeks as a precaution but never showed any signs of it.

My sister is now emigrating and they will not let her take her two house buns (Ben and Belle, a bonded male and female pair) into the country, so they are coming to live with me!

I understand e.cunniculi remains in a bun’s system “lurking” and can flair up again. I also know many buns carry it anyway without showing systems. My question is, can the new buns be bonded with the old (disregarding whether they would actually get on at this point) or would this put the new buns at risk? If the new buns test being positive for carrying e.cunniculi would it then be alright or still a big no? Would it be ok if they all had treatment with panacur during/after bonding?

I’m happy to keep them in 2 pairs if needs be but if they could all go together in would mean they get a much larger space overall. I also wonder if they’d be happier all together (assuming they bonded ok), rather than being able to see/smell “unknown rabbits” at the other side of the yard.

Thanks,
Rowan

Thanks Jack's Jane,

They aren't coming to me until April (when they can be outdoor buns with no issues) so will let you know how I get on then! Now I can start planning their new accommodation!

Back