• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

exercise

Fudgey

Young Bun
Hi all,

I have been letting fudge out for an hour in the morning while getting ready for work, the for an hour when i get home about half 5. and then hour & half - two hours in the evening...

is this enough for him?

James

How big is bun's permanent space?

If he's not got an attached permanent run - he needs more exercise really

Hi there it is an improvement on your previous post of an hour in the evening, but loads of people replied to your other thread, saying as he is a lone bunny and at the moment in a small cage indoors, then yes he needs a lot more freedom and exercise.

My bun has an hour in morning, unless my hubby doesn't work then she has free range all day, and then she has approx 6 hours in the evening, she spends this in the living room with us.

I like to get my bun out for an hour at least a day, when the weather permits.
She is a house bunny so has complete freedom 24 hours otherwise :)

yes he is in his nero 4 cage in the day, are there any additional runs i can connect to the nero 4 to allow him a bit of a run?

Cages / Exercise

how is the nero cage small, it is the largest of the range for the indoor rabbits?? every one on here has different opinions, some one please tell me the correct infomation?

how is the nero cage small, it is the largest of the range for the indoor rabbits?? every one on here has different opinions, some one please tell me the correct infomation?

I don't think ANYONE on here has said that a nero cage however big it is, is suitable for a bunny to be kept in for 21 out of 24 hours a day. Yes it is better than a lot of cages sold in pet shops, but if you saw how happy my bunny is to have so much freedom you would never put your bunny in a nero cage again.

my bunny is not kept in a cage at all she is lucky and has her own room, here is it. Exuse the mess :)

2m27yjc.jpg

281d91x.jpg

2jedais.jpg

Alot of people on here have the NIC cubes, which I think are also great as you can keep expanding the set up of these.

oh he looks really happy, i am affraid i havent got a spare room he can have,

where can i buy the nic cubes from??

you got a good setup there

Thank you :D

And sorry if sounding harsh didn't mean to, I know what is it like to buy what I thought was a great cage and it was REALLY expensive, then I came on here and found that it was totally unsuitable :cry:

I think once you have bunny proofed your house and bunny is better behaved you will find automatically that you will let bunny out more to hop around. Ours will watch the telly with us in the evenings and loves to run up and down the stairs.

Lots of posts about nic cubes, think people are getting them from B&Q

one post here
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=212492&highlight=cubes

my bunny is not kept in a cage at all she is lucky and has her own room, here is it. Exuse the mess :)

2m27yjc.jpg

281d91x.jpg

2jedais.jpg

Alot of people on here have the NIC cubes, which I think are also great as you can keep expanding the set up of these.
Agree with you, I let Bobby out for about 10 hours a day altogether. I am now converting the spare room to her room, as we are getting her a husband:love:... and am going to use the NIC cubes for bonding, eventually they will have a couple of dog crates and have the hutch open:love:

Agree with you, I let Bobby out for about 10 hours a day altogether. I am now converting the spare room to her room, as we are getting her a husband:love:... and am going to use the NIC cubes for bonding, eventually they will have a couple of dog crates and have the hutch open:love:

Now that sounds like a plan, I really need to get Biscuit a bunny friend too. Post some pics once you have converted your spare room I would love to see them...all my friend's think we are mad, but I can't think of a better use for a spare room LOL

he is kept in my house in his nero 4 cage!!

Please be calmer, or people won't want to help :wave:
It wont do anyone any good if this thread turns into an argument.

My house rabbit Mooch has a Nero 4 cage. We take the door off of it while we are in the house, and he can come and go as he pleases. Some nights he doesn't want to come out, but we always leave it up to him...other times it's hard to put him back in! He gets closed in when we go to our beds.

What people are saying is that a Nero 4 cage isnt suitable unless your bunny gets more exercise. If you are unable to leave your bunny out for longer than you do, try getting some NIC cubes to make an enclosed area for the bunny....like section off a bit of the room if you have space to do this.

I hope this is of some help :wave:

Yes thank you that is a help, but i think an hour in the morning, and then out for a few hours is ok isnt it?

he isnt the biggest rabbit, and when he out the room in which he runs is massive prob bigger than most peoples whole house!!

Yes thank you that is a help, but i think an hour in the morning, and then out for a few hours is ok isnt it?

he isnt the biggest rabbit, and when he out the room in which he runs is massive prob bigger than most peoples whole house!!

3 hours out of 24 still isn't enough, even if he is a small bunny.

Back