• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buns and kittens

shelley1977

Warren Scout
My son is getting a kitten soon and i wondered if anyone has any advice on getting house buns to be friends or at least not bother with a kitten.

Shelley

I have 3 cats...not one of them are bothered..they sit together at times....:wave:
Time will tell.xx

my cat grew up with my 3 bunnies and he often goes in their room and sits in hay with them.. occassinally he chases them if they run but he doesnt tryto attack, just chases.
I never leave them together alone though.
Just introduce them slowly and im sure the kitten will just accept them:D

We also have 2 cats, they had supervised introductions and visits until we were absolutely sure that they were used to each other. The cats were more afraid of the buns though.

I would just be careful with grown cats and baby buns. We were introduced to bunnys because our cat stole one and brought it in to kill, luckily we rescued him. Thats how we got our first bun, now we have 7 including the forster buns.

The cats dont bother any of them.

We have a kitten and 2 house buns, she is not left alone with them while they are out and only for short periods of time while they are in their playpen, if we are both out at work all day she is shut out of the bun room as she puts her paws through and tries to play with the buns, she is not trying to hurt them but might accidently.
We introduced them slowly sometimes she chases Lolly then Lolly will turn and chase her back but she never goes near Lionel (who is poorly) i think she knows he is not well enough to even atempt play with him.

Back