• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so many single rabbits, feeling really guilty

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

We have 12 single rabbits at the moment. I hate it as we put so much emphasis on bonding here, I hate seeing bunnies alone. But more and more are coming in that have to be single at least for awhile because of different health problems :( I wonder if this is going to become a mroe regular thing? I really hope not as I love seeing bunnies snuggled up together.

At the moment we have -

Missus, very hormonal and aggressive but hopefully this will change.

Lettie, pschologically damaged and needs to be alone

Frank, was too poorly but hopefully will find love soon

Dave, can't be castrated yet so needs to be alone

Nutmeg, am hoping to bond her soon but has been delayed because of the weather

Geoff, has been looking for love for ages

Onslow, alone since brother died hoping to find love with Nutmeg

Revel, over 9 years old and sleeps all day, lost partner

Larry, fell out with Leela last week because of spinal pain :(

Leela alone because Larry attacked her

Jojo alone because she is terrified of movement and attacks

Dinky alone because she appears to hate all other buns

we have a few more arriving soon and they will probably need to be kept single for awhile too

No point to the thread really, just hate seeing them all living alone when they could be snuggled up :(:(

"All the lonely people...where do they all come from...."....
Comes to mind.
My Mrs Bun lives alone...at the moment.
Beebee being done today so he can live with Lily..then I will get a boy for the Mrs.
Makes one feel guilty...but these things are sent to try us.
Theres always a light at the end of the tunnel.xxx

Awe I was wondering if you were going to bond Onslow with somebun after Otto passed to the Bridge. Ive just had a little search for Nutmeg shes a pretty little bunny I hope it works out for them!

Originally Onslow was going to be paired with Cookie and Geoff with Nutmeg but unfortunatel Cookie passed away before she could get here :(

Originally Onslow was going to be paired with Cookie and Geoff with Nutmeg but unfortunatel Cookie passed away before she could get here :(

Awww Liz. It's such a shame that a buns disabilities mean they have to be alone. Maybe if Missus' spey goes to plan and her hormones die down she could go with Revel?
Hope all your babies find love....there's nothing more you can do for them though really, so there really is no need to beat yurself up. Most of them wouldn't be alive without you.
*hugs*

Hope all your babies find love....there's nothing more you can do for them though really, so there really is no need to beat yurself up. Most of them wouldn't be alive without you.
*hugs*

Couldn't agree with this more! They all have love from you & Steve, and I guess they can see and hear other buns so I'm sure they're not lonely.
Love & noserubs to all the singletons :wave:

Awww I hope you can bond a couple of them in the upcoming months.

I am sure you give them all plenty of fuss and attention.

Liz, from what you've written, most of those bunnies will hopefully be bonded with a partner in the near future. The ones who can't clearly have issues and are actually happier being alone. It's not as though they can't see other bunnies and they spend so much time with you and Steve. DON'T feel guilty as you do such a wonderful job with all of them.

Liz, from what you've written, most of those bunnies will hopefully be bonded with a partner in the near future. The ones who can't clearly have issues and are actually happier being alone.

Just what I was thinking. :)

Ahh, I know what you mean, but they are so much better off being alone under your care than paired up and with someone who can't help them or care for them.

P.S. I am so glad to see little Dave looking so happy on your website :) :love:

I feel bad because Snowdrop and Bungle have gone away today and Strawberry is still on his own. He cant be bonded with Snow though as he chases her too much and its too stressful for her. Once we have moved house he will be going outside with a girl friend to snuggle up to.

Ahh, I know what you mean, but they are so much better off being alone under your care than paired up and with someone who can't help them or care for them.

P.S. I am so glad to see little Dave looking so happy on your website :) :love:

Thats very true, never thought of it like that.

I also feel bad as having so many single buns takes up so much space and gives them all less exercise time. If I could pair some up they would all have much more run time :(

Don't feel bad Liz, they are better off with you as singles than where ever they may have come from and i am sure they all know that and are very happy anyway xx

Awww from your descriptions could you not try Leela and Geoff as a couple and Revel and Jojo (was just thinking if he sleeps all day he might not scare her too much with sudden movements). If not I am sure they are more than grateful to be safe and loved and well looked after, you shouldn't feel bad. x

Awww from your descriptions could you not try Leela and Geoff as a couple and Revel and Jojo (was just thinking if he sleeps all day he might not scare her too much with sudden movements). If not I am sure they are more than grateful to be safe and loved and well looked after, you shouldn't feel bad. x

Unfortunately due to Leela's health problem she can't live outside and Geoff is very much an out door bunny.

Jojo is 3 times Revels size and still growing, I think she would tear him to pieces, she is only 8 months old and he is 9 and a bit years so it wouldn't be fair to try.

thank you thinking of them :wave:

Unfortunately due to Leela's health problem she can't live outside and Geoff is very much an out door bunny.

Jojo is 3 times Revels size and still growing, I think she would tear him to pieces, she is only 8 months old and he is 9 and a bit years so it wouldn't be fair to try.

thank you thinking of them :wave:

Awww no worries, I knew it was a bit daft as you would of thought of it yourself anyway if it was possible. Blimey you have got your work cut out, JoJo sounds like a character:shock: :lol::lol:

Back