• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An interesting chat with the vet/update

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Several things really.I had told Ian about Lilys curvature and hed just nodded but today he said he had seen the xray and he had never seen anything like it.Had shown it to his somebody or other too.Beebee (Lilys brother) has gone in today for castration and I have just had a phone call from the vets as they would like to do an xray FOC to see if he has the same condition.Its by no means an ordinary curvature of the spine..an MRI would give more information as even the lung tissue goes up into it...and it may even go side to side as well as up and down.He said had he done the xray it would have stopped at the neck as all we really wanted to know about was her teeth..but cos of Lilys chronic snuffles I had asked for the lungs too to see if they were clear and the spine had shown up so it was a fluke really that we spotted it.
We chatted about lots of things...EC and stuff.Really enlightening.

Last edited:
Several things really.I had told Ian about Lilys curvature and hed just nodded but today he said he had seen the xray and he had never seen anything like it.Had shown it to his somebody or other too.Beebee (Lilys brother) has gone in today for castration and I have just had a phone call from the vets as they would like to do an xray FOC to see if he has the same condition.Its by no means an ordinary curvature of the spine..an MRI would give more information as even the lung tissue goes up into it...and it may even go side to side as well as up and down.He said had he done the xray it would have stopped at the neck as all we really wanted to know about was her teeth..but cos of Lilys chronic snuffles I had asked for the lungs too to see if they were clear and the spine had shown up so it was a fluke really that we spotted it.
We chatted about lots of things...EC and stuff.Really enlightening.

Wow....Lily is a special bunny! Glad you had the full x-ray! Good luck Beebs!! :love:

.....so......is he single?!:shock:

And was there flirting?....were there any drink askings?!

Pack it in!!! I did say could I ask you something not related to veterinary stuff..he said I could but he may not answer it so I asked him if he was on FB as Mrs Bun has a profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He laughed!!:oops::oops::roll::lol::shock:

Pack it in!!! I did say could I ask you something not related to veterinary stuff..he said I could but he may not answer it so I asked him if he was on FB as Mrs Bun has a profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:
Oh my word... Thank god my vet is an old woman ;)

It's so nice when the vets can have time to talk and seem interested in your pets condition/welfare. I know that sometimes my vets would love to give you more time, but they are nearly always late for your appt time anyways :) Not that I mind, would rather animals get the proper tmt. Would be good to have OH working as a vet, would save me a fortune :lol:

It's so nice when the vets can have time to talk and seem interested in your pets condition/welfare. I know that sometimes my vets would love to give you more time, but they are nearly always late for your appt time anyways :) Not that I mind, would rather animals get the proper tmt. Would be good to have OH working as a vet, would save me a fortune :lol:

He's interested in Evie!!! :D:D:D

ASK HIM FOR A DRINK you silly moose!!!!

Oh my word... Thank god my vet is an old woman ;)

I like my vet...but what if he finds out I do..will he stop me from going to see him???
I saw him on TV last week so when I saw him today,I joked that he should give me his autograph!!:lol::lol:

just ask him out and be done with it!

Cant..got no guts!!!! I could say if hes ever in Dartmouth he could drop by to see how Ruby is in her own surroundings...(Rubes is the parrot...he saw her a few weeks ago...)....
Hes smashing!!

awwwwwwwwwwwww

perhaps vets are not allowed owner -vet relations, i dunno are there rules to this guys ???

Cant..got no guts!!!! I could say if hes ever in Dartmouth he could drop by to see how Ruby is in her own surroundings...(Rubes is the parrot...he saw her a few weeks ago...)....
Hes smashing!!

That would be so corny :lol:
You should just try coming straight out with it :) It can only go one way or another ;)
are you on first name/friendly terms?
Do you ever make excuses just to see him? ;) :lol:

That would be so corny :lol:
You should just try coming straight out with it :) It can only go one way or another ;)
are you on first name/friendly terms?
Do you ever make excuses just to see him? ;) :lol:

Yes I call him Ian...he calls me Mrs Holman..(I am a Miss)...I joined the practice a few weeks ago and Ive seen him 3 times.4 if you include the TV.
Weve spoke on the phone about vaccs for 20 minutes..he called me darling...but i havent made excuses to see him.
hes taken an xray FREE OF CHARGE of Beebees spine (to see if he has the same condition as Lily as they are litter mates..and he wants to explain things at 3 0 clock.
Thats it.
However my ex was with me when I first saw him with the parrot...its the exes parrot and shes in my care....its doomed!!!:lol::roll:

Yes I call him Ian...he calls me Mrs Holman..(I am a Miss)...I joined the practice a few weeks ago and Ive seen him 3 times.4 if you include the TV.
Weve spoke on the phone about vaccs for 20 minutes..he called me darling...but i havent made excuses to see him.
hes taken an xray FREE OF CHARGE of Beebees spine (to see if he has the same condition as Lily as they are litter mates..and he wants to explain things at 3 0 clock.
Thats it.
However my ex was with me when I first saw him with the parrot...its the exes parrot and shes in my care....its doomed!!!:lol::roll:

I feel very proud at the moment!! :D

Well, you don't have to do anything now. Bunfortunately you'll probably have to see him a fair bit about Lily, and anyhoo...there are jabs, and Ruby...the cats.......LOADS of excuses!! :D:D:D

Well, he is my ex.Although we have been more than friends for a year,Im not getting anything from the relationship,except a shed full of rubbish, a garden with HIS stuff in it and now a spare room with an empty parrot cage in it as Rubes has another cage which she is in. I love her,shes in better hands with me than with him...and hes just all lazy and doesnt show any interest in her or the pond full of fish.....:roll:
Its just nice to have my thoughts..er...shall we say...diverted????:lol:

Oh and its the buns,Rubes and ferts he will see.Cats are elsewhere.xxxx

Well, he is my ex.Although we have been more than friends for a year,Im not getting anything from the relationship,except a shed full of rubbish, a garden with HIS stuff in it and now a spare room with an empty parrot cage in it as Rubes has another cage which she is in. I love her,shes in better hands with me than with him...and hes just all lazy and doesnt show any interest in her or the pond full of fish.....:roll:
Its just nice to have my thoughts..er...shall we say...diverted????:lol:

Oh and its the buns,Rubes and ferts he will see.Cats are elsewhere.xxxx

Have you mentioned that he is your ex? ;)
I would make that a pretty strong part of convo next time you're in with Ruby :D
See what he says to that
And good luck at 3! Just ask him out damnit! :lol:

Ok.The Xray that the vet gave me as a freebie shows up that Beebee has the same complaint as Lily....Curvature of the spine.Not only does it go up and down,it snakes side to side...badly.Ian reckons Lilies would be doing the same.We only had one view of her xray from her old vet.Absolutely nothing can be done.
The depocketing went well and in 6 weeks time,I will be bonding them both with Teddys Mummys help as I have invited her down to stay a weekend!! What fun!! Anyone else want to come????
Beebee is quiet,and will remain indoors for observation and plenty of noms.
Mrs Bun is podgy,so cutting back on her noms.
Lily had her teeth drevilled,due to have them extracted in a month or so.
Whereas Ian looked rather nice out of vet greens...**sigh**.

Not wanting to doom the bonding but perhaps a tiny nip would definatley need a check over by Ian and well with Teddy's mum with you....let her do all the talking ;):p

Back