• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Echo and Tibbs are back from the vets! U/D can I let Tibbs out for a hop?

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Can I please have some vibes for Echo and Tibbsy - they are both at the vets this morning for their neuters??!!

I didn't think I would be nervous, but I'm a wreck!! I'm hiding in the lab at work so I can keep to myself and not talk to anyone about it. Well except you guys! :oops:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone...they are both back home now and settling down.

Echo seems to be fine - a little quiet but he's eating, drinking, bopping around and pooing.

Tibbs is still VERY sleepy though, not sure if this is normal? They came out of the GA at about 1pm, and had a little food. Since she came home at 6 shes had two teaspoons of her pellets mixed with warm water, and a few strands of hay, does this sound about right??

I'm a bit worried about her to be honest - should I be doing anything else to get her to eat??

Any help would be great!

Thank you...I should have looked on the site, but I wasn't thinking straight!!:oops:

I'm sure she's ok, it's just so horrible to see her like this. My OH is home all week so will be keeping a very close eye on her!

I know how stressful it is to see them like this. :(
I hope she'll feel better tomorrow xxx
Have you seen the second link that I added in my previous post (post 8? You are not the only one who gets paranoid about buns. :oops::lol:

Thank you!

I'm sure she will be fine - it's just a shock to see her so subdued when she's normally such a little rascal! I'll keep checking her through the night, even if she just has a teaspoon of her pellet mash at a time, then I'm happy.

Hi :wave:

They are both much better today, I was up every two hours during the night trying to get Tibbs to eat, but by 6am she was munching her hay and a few pellets.

She's had breakfast and dinner now, and is getting impatient with being cage bound, lots of grumbling and bar boxing!
Do you think she would be able to come out for a little hop around? Just a half hour with us making sure she takes it easy and doesn't get too boistrous?

Echo has taken it all in his stride - for an extremely nervous rescue bun, he has completely come out his shell since coming to his forever home!:love:
He's currently flopped out after nomming all his dinner - I swear he get's greedier by the day!:roll:

Of course she can move around - just make sure that for a few days she doesn't jump on and from furniture as it may affect her stitches.:)

We're letting Tibbs out for half an hour at a time, and watching her like a hawk - she's normally a "climber" so keeping her on the floor is a big task!!:roll:

Echo is doing brilliantly...he's such a superstar!:love:

Back