• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stitches...

CDW

Warren Scout
I've also posted this in the care section, but can anyone help? Thanks

Hi, can anyone advise. My rabbit was neutered on Friday. After a bit of a difficult weekend (had to take her back to the vet on Saturday as she wasn't eating) she's really picked up and she's hopping around, eating, drinking and munching on hay. She's got a buster collar on which she's managing to cope with, which is just as well as she's been at her stitches at every opportunity. Unfortunately this evening, when my partner took his eye off her for a minute whilst giving her some supervised time with the collar off, she pulled at one of her stitches. It didn't come out immediately but when I checked later it was completely out. The wound is closed over, all the other stitches are fine, there's no blood or anything. Plus I think the vet said that there are more stitches underneath that. So just wondering whether she'll be likely to need another stitch? Or do you think we might get away with this one being out as long as the wound doesn't open? Of course, I will phone my vet first thing in the morning to check, but just wondered if anyone could advise. Thanks!

I think and im in no way an expert, but if the wound is closed and there isnt any sign of infection and bleeding and she cannot get to the wound, then she will be ok overnight and as you say you will ring vets in morning. If wound opens up then its a different story, but i cant think that a vet would put her through stress to sew up a closed wound.

I hope it works out :D

Back