• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiny poo

Hessen

Banned
Noticed last few days that Rum's poo has been really small, it's the same consistency as normal, but about a quarter of the size. No changes in diet. Any ideas?

He could be experiencing gut slowdown i.e. heading towards stasis. Otherwsie he could be not eating enough hay/food or he could be dehydrated.
Best to get him checked by a vet I think xx

Noticed last few days that Rum's poo has been really small, it's the same consistency as normal, but about a quarter of the size. No changes in diet. Any ideas?

Something is causing reduced gut motility. Is he drinking ? Is he a good hay eater? Does he get lots of exercise and has he had a Dental check lately ?

She's been eating ok, not sure on drinking I'll keep an eye out. She's mostly been mounting/chasing/being chased/grooming but she seems happy enough.

She's booked in to be spayed on tuesday so will raise it with the vet.

Maybe from grooming Raisin who's malting quite heavily?

She's been eating ok, not sure on drinking I'll keep an eye out. She's mostly been mounting/chasing/being chased/grooming but she seems happy enough.

She's booked in to be spayed on tuesday so will raise it with the vet.

Maybe from grooming Raisin who's malting quite heavily?

Possible.
I think you need to get her tum sorted out before she is spayed.
I'd give both Buns a good groom to try to minimise the amount of fur she's ingesting. Also try to maximise her water intake (Rabbits tend to drink more from a bowl than a bottle)
I really would not go ahead with the spay on Tuesday if her poos have not returned to normal.

Possible.
Also try to maximise her water intake (Rabbits tend to drink more from a bowl than a bottle)

Add a dash of boiling so that it is room temperature, mine love it like that and definitely drink more at that temperature out of a bowl (last night I thought one of them wasn't going to stop!)

Add a dash of boiling so that it is room temperature, mine love it like that and definitely drink more at that temperature out of a bowl (last night I thought one of them wasn't going to stop!)

Wow, tried this last night and it worked a treat! Thanks!

I gave Raisin a good grooming, but Rum's not a big hay eater, so I'll keep an eye on things.

:lol::lol::lol: It does seem to make them drink more. As I said, I didn't think Homer was going to stop until the full bowl had gone the other night.

One other thing you may want to try it a bit of fresh pineapple juice (I get a pineappe and just squeeze it into a cup and syringe it). There are supposed to be some enzymes in it that help to break down hair but it is not proven. Just be careful not to give too much as it is full of sugar.

Alternatives are Oxbow Papaya tablets or from a health shop pineapple and papaya tablets but again be careful of the sugar in the health shop ones.

Last edited:
Has lost bladder control now and is stamping a lot for no reason.

Taking her to vet this evening. :(

Last edited:
hope he will be ok, rosie's poo's have been alot smaller for a while now but we think hers is due to her medications

Thanks for the vibes all. :)

Rum is fine, vets have checked her over and said she's fine she's just being a hormonal moo.

Spaying has been booked in for next Thursday now and we're to continue keeping an eye on her. She's eating plenty of hay and drinking normally.

Last edited:
Back