• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming a P@H/pet shop Bunny

Benjybunnyboo

Alpha Buck
I was wondering, due to the extreme cold weather we have had recently, that do P@h and/or other pet shops rehome buns to live outside in the winter, after the bun has spent time in an indoors environmet in the shop?.
BTW im not thinking of buying a bun :lol: Benjy is to be bonded at my local RSPCA in 2 weeks, cant wait!!!!:D

I was wondering, due to the extreme cold weather we have had recently, that do P@h and/or other pet shops rehome buns to live outside in the winter, after the bun has spent time in an indoors environmet in the shop?.
BTW im not thinking of buying a bun :lol: Benjy is to be bonded at my local RSPCA in 2 weeks, cant wait!!!!:D

Simple answer is nope. All buns and pigs have to stay indoors till April time'ish depending on when the weather warms up.

Thanks for putting my enquiring mind to rest.:D
L spacehopper, i was hoping you'd see my post as i beleive you work at P@H, sorry if i got that wrong:D

Heated pet shops should not send buns out to be outdoor bunnies in this weather. Rescue centres are different tho. My rescue dosent heat the main rabbit units for just that reason, it means the rabbit are already aclimatised to outdoor temperatures. We do however make sure they have plenty of hay to keep them warm.

Heated pet shops should not send buns out to be outdoor bunnies in this weather. Rescue centres are different tho. My rescue dosent heat the main rabbit units for just that reason, it means the rabbit are already aclimatised to outdoor temperatures. We do however make sure they have plenty of hay to keep them warm.

If someone wants to adopt a bun/buns to go outdoors in this weather we point them to rescue centres.

I had hoped that was the answer, thanks :D although i feel sorry for the buns of owners who would lie to pet shops just to get a rabbit:(

When we got our piggie we were NOT told to keep him indoors! I know seeral people who have bought buns and havent been told to keep them in either.

When we got our piggie we were NOT told to keep him indoors! I know seeral people who have bought buns and havent been told to keep them in either.

We got our 3 babes from there and we were warned before we could ask that they must stay inside. Just before Christmas, we enquired about a gorgeous chocolate bunny and again were told that she was an indoor bunny. All the dealings that I have had at our branch have been very positive and the people there really do seem to care about the animals.

I recently found out that my nephews girlfriend works at another branch and I already knew that she is a real animal lover.

Back